We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano to Ravello distance/taxi time

Boston
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Positano to Ravello distance/taxi time

Going to Positano soon and visiting Mamma Agata's in Ravello one day. Wondering how far it is from Positano and how much time to allow to get there by taxi.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,437 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano to Ravello distance/taxi time

I would suggest giving yourself about one hour and fifteen minutes (at least) - you never know what traffic is going to be especially this time of year when the coast highway is a jammed pack madhouse.

It takes about 30 minutes to drive to Amalfi from Positano and about 15 minutes or so from there to Ravello - but, these are just estimates (obviously).

It will be expensive via taxi, but I'm sure you already know that. On your way back you could take the less costly route and take the bus down to Amalfi from Ravello then the boat from Amalfi back to Positano, which is really a nice way to see the coast.

I always prefer being places a bit early - so if this were me, I'd actually leave at least 1.5 hours before but that's just because I love Ravello - and, early in the day it is especially delightful. It is not like you will be hanging around waiting in a horrible spot if you get there too early.

2. Re: Positano to Ravello distance/taxi time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 13, 2010