We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

I'm trying to book my honeymoon in Positano in mid-April, but the current airfares are a bit daunting. The prices on Travelocity tend to be around $1,200 per person.

Can anyone give me an idea of what a good price from the East Coast of the US to Naples would be in mid-April? Right now, Travelocity's FareWatcher deals don't extend into April. Are deals likely to become available as the date approaches?

Also, if anyone can suggest some good Web sites that might offer consolidated or discount airfares, I'd appreciate that as well. We've got our hearts set on Positano, so I really hope we can find a flight in our budget.

Thanks in advance!

Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

I just did a search on Orbitz, New Orleans to Naples, It, April 10-20, 2005. $797 per person, US Air. Check out this link:

supersearch.travelzoo.com/Air.asp?catid=

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

Thanks, soccerdad. The Travelzoo prices are much less expensive than the fares I was getting using Travelocity's search engine. Strange.

That said, does $800 roundtrip to Naples sound like a good price? Is there much likelihood of finding a significantly better price for April 17-April 24, 2005?

Thanks again for any help you can give me. It's been a while since I priced European flights so I'm just trying to cover all my bases :)

Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

Ref: "Is there much likelihood of finding a significantly better price for April 17-April 24, 2005?"

Here's a "Bestfares" link to compare. I've never booked thru them because you need pay for a membership. But it will give you something to compare against. Looks like N.O. to Naples in the time frame you want would be about $679 - but read the fine print to get that price.

www.bestfares.com/travel/desks/story.asp…

California
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

I am traveling to Italy in April also, but with a different itinerary that you are doing. We fly L.A. to Rome, then Venice to L.A. On American airlines, our flights are $790 each. So I would think you can do better than $1,200 each. What about doing a roundtrip to Rome, and taking the train or a car to Positano?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

Maybe I spoke too soon. Orbitz shows $797 for its roundtrip price via a search, but the price jumps to $900 (plus a $10 service fee) when you go to book it due to "an airline update, a change in availability or a technical issue."

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

My wife and I flew round trip from Dallas to Naples last month (Nov. 19 - Nov. 28 ) for $547/person. These were booked last July. April is right at the beginning of the tourist season, but you should be able to find something around $600-$650. I booked my tickets through my travel club (travelersadvantage.com, which is similar to bestfares.com. Yes, you have to pay a fee, but I have already paid for my membership fee tenfold).

FYI - you are going to love Positano!! Do you know where you are going to stay? I know this great site that has villas for rent that are very reasonable. Let me know

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

Thanks, gjb1208.

$650 would be a great price. Our travel date is still four months away, so I hope I'll be able to find something in that range in the next month or so.

I was waiting to book the flights before booking accommodations. Villa La Tartara has gotten lots of enthusiastic reports from posters here so I was thinking seriously about it, but I'm open to anything in the 75-150 euro per night range. Please send me info about the villas in Positano. My email address is wtobiasjr2003@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typical Airfare from US to Naples in mid-April?

I sent you a personal e-mail today. Good luck and have fun....