We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

I've heard there are some spectacular hikes in Positano, one called Walk of the Gods (or something similar)... how would we go about finding where to start this hike?

Any other suggestions are appreciated as well!

Thank you!

Ilford Essex
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

Sunflower Books do a guide book for the Sorrento and Amalfi region do a seach for "Sunflower Books" published in England and you will find it. They also publish updates on their website as well. The walk is spectacular, we stay every year in a place called Agerola 2000 ft. above sea level and you can join the walk there and walk down to Positano which we did a few years ago. There are many other walks in the Monte Lattari or in Engliesh The Milk Mountains as they are called, probably because of the quality of the milk and dairy products produced in the region. All the best for your holiday

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

There are some comments on it from Virtual Tourist, along with a picture of the route:

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Italy/Campa…

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

The sunflower guide book is excelent, and if you don't manage to get a copy before you go the shop at Sorrento station sells it (That's where I got my copy) It gives you a variety of walks with length, time required & difficulty, and idiot proof instructions that you can't get lost.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

There were some hikes in Capri that sounded great. It is only a 30-35 min boat ride from Positano - worth the trip. We purchased a map at the tourist office in Capri in the marina where the boats arrive and selected an easy hike since I only had on sandels that day. It was beautiful! We got some of the best photos and saw some of the best scenery there. It may be worth checking out for a day trip.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

The Path of the Gods starts from different parts of the coast like Positano, Praiano or Agerola.

If you will stay in Positano you could start from the Bar Internazionale on the west side of Positano, go up via Chiesa Nuova. Walk on the right side of the church until you get to a small square, and then into a road. Cross it and go up the steps on the left: a pale red and white sign indicates the road��� keep an eye out for it, it will show you the way!! Refreshment is available at Montepertuso and Nocelle.

The scenery that will unfold before you is coloured in a very Mediterranean way: here the is no room for soft hues but just for all the unimaginable nuances of blue and green, for the hard white of the wide rock faces and for all the colours of the rainbow in the variety of wild flowers.

Lemons, small oaks and olive trees will keep you company during the whole walk. Pick and taste carobs you will find scattered along the way. The carob tree, widespread on the Amalfi coast, produces these edible odd-shaped fruits which are nowadays used as horse fodder, but in the past they were sought by men too.

Mentioned in this post
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Bar Internazionale
Bar Internazionale
133 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Montepertuso
Montepertuso
Positano, Italy
Nocelle
Nocelle
Positano, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can someone give me some info on good hikes?

Try walkamalfi@hotmail.com for free local hiking info