We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Meal in Positano

East Lothian
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Special Meal in Positano

While in positano this June we have our wedding anniversary and would love to have a special meal to celebrate - can anybody suggest a good resteraunt?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Meal in Positano

I really liked La Sponda. We got married in Positano and went there right after our wedding for a lunch. It was more pricey, very elegant, good service and very good food. The view from the terrace is amazing. They have outdoor and indoor dining. It is a Le Sirenuse Hotel (they have a website so you can check it out).

We also liked the restaurant at Cove Dei Sarceni Hotel, but not as much as La Sponda.

L.A, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Meal in Positano

I know Positano very well because I have spent many holidays there. Le Sirenuse it is certainly an excellent restaurant where to dine, but quite expensive. Another lovely is LE TERRAZZE DELL'INCANTO right on the beach. However, if you like a memorable meal, best quality food, I recommend the restaurant IL RITROVO. The setting is quite informal, but definitely the best food you can have in Positano. The owner Salvatore is wonderful and will make your dinner very pleasant.

Covo dei Saraceni, no good.

If you are looking for something very different, you can also arrange an intimate dinner for 2 at the famous MAMMA AGATA. She can cook personally for the two of you. Mamma agata has cooked for celebrities such as Frank Sinatra, Humphry Bogart, Fellini...and many others...the views from her terrace are just amazing!!!!!!

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Meal in Positano

I would second MCGS' recommendation of Il Ritrovo. My wife and I had the best meal of our holiday there last October.

Note that the restaurant is in the village of Montepertuso, not in Positano itself.

Montepertuso is about 1000 feet above sea level (great views of Positano and the Amalfi Coast). There are buses from Positano, or it is a short taxi ride.

The restaurant also has a cookery school.

Enjoy!

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Meal in Positano

I suggest you the Palazzo Murat, you can have a beautiful dinner in their garden.

NY
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Meal in Positano

Could someone please let me know how we can arrange for a meal at MAMMA AGATA; we will be in ravello and capri week of the 16th july; is she a private home

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special Meal in Positano

For Mamma Agata you could contact the Sunland travel agency www.sunland.it

NY
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Special Meal in Positano

thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Special Meal in Positano

i saw here here:

www.mammaagata.com

wondering how much a private dinner for 2 is?

London
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Special Meal in Positano

Have just returned from our honeymoon on the Amalfi coast where we went to Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Capri etc etc.

I have to say, we went for it, dining at Le Sirenuse (La Sponda), Le Terrazza (Music on the rocks) and even the Santa Caterina hotel. All very nice places that serve fantastic food, have a great ambience and also very friendly and professional service.

Our favourite tho has to be Le Terrazza down on Positano beach for the sheer venue. The food is excellent, there were weddings going on whilst we were there so we got chatting to the brides and grooms as we have just been through a similar experience and there is a piano playing all night. ONce you finish you can go downstairs to the nightclub which is not anything you expect in London, it is a quaint location to enjoy the rest of the evening to music. The walk home along the beach is also wonderful.

Up on the mountain side there is also a wonderful restaurant (Da Vincenzo) and another opposite that have spectacular views across the bay.

I hope this helps, I am full of info having just done everything.

10. Re: Special Meal in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:36 am, July 01, 2005