We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

Florida
2 posts
1 review
Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

My husband and I are traveling to Sardinia from America the last two weeks of August and staying in Porto Cervo, Costa Smerelda. We are in our mid 30's and wondering what most people wear to dinner there. I imagine it is similar to St Barths, however I want to be sure. I am guessing it is chic, but not very dressy in the evening. (Meaning, not cocktail, and more like chic beach attire??)

Also, we will have a car, anyone know of a must eat restaurant that we should visit? Additionally, is it recomended to book reservations in advance or upon arrival?

Lastly, I constantly read about the must see caves. What is the best way to get to these? Hire a boat? Or jet skis?

Anyone who can offer any help on the above, I would greatly appreciate it.

cagliari
3 posts
1 review
1. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

Tangi,

Porto Cervo is definitely chic! I don't know St Barths but I can tell you most of the people around would be your age and dressed up in a sort of smart-casual style in clubs and bars, more chich in the Yacht Club area.

Must eat restaurant are ACQUA at the Yacth Club of the marina and

The Brasilian Chrurrascheria in the Castel Cervo area.

England
1 post
2. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

Take your wallet! Having just returned most people wear smart, chic but casual. Men wear jeans in almost all restaurants but smart ones. Hire a boat for a day is a good idea but no real caves to see.

You do not need to book restaurants ahead of your visit. Final suggestion expensive restaurants are not really worth the money in Porto Cervo. Try Clipper and Spinnaker both excellent and good value.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

Hello,

I just came back from Porto Cervo this morning.its my 3rd time there.

It trully a beautiful place, but do take your wallet. It can be very expensive because of its clientèle.

Sardinia is a classy place where the very very rich people go to relax and have fun usually after the madness of St Tropez.

If you want expensive and classy, then Cipriani's is a very good bet. Also the Grill(the outdoor terrace of the Billionaire Club) Is also very good. It really is great to dine there on a moonlit night. It is next to Cipriani.

Next Door is also very good and classy with live band and music.

Do book all places , if you can, before you go. It is much better.

A good Italian restaurant is Gianni Petrollini located on the way to

the Billionaire Club.

Also San Lorenzo is a very good,well priced, traditional family owned restaurant's located on a volcanic hill with excellent views.

There are also a few restaurants in the Cervo Hotel in central Porto Cervo, but are all expensive.

Do rent a car - it is essential and much safer than a scooter.

For beach dining and lunch, try Nikki beach. It is part of the Nikki beach franchise in St Tropez, Miami, Marbella, Portugal etc.

Fi beach is also good

If you are clubbing, the Billionaire is the place to be. It is owned by Flavio Briatore of Benetton and Formula 1 racing fame. He is there most nights.

Sottovento and Sopravento are also good bets. There are all within 200meteres of each other.

Hope all this helps. If you need any more info, email me at kbdavies@gmail.com

harrow
Level Contributor
600 posts
4. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

kb has summed it up. Porto C is a wonderful place and chic is the word.

Jet set paradise.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

Forgot to tell you....

Dinner wear is ultra chic - especially for women. Long evening gown and sexy short dresses dont look out of place. Believe me, You can never look over dressed at night in Porto Cervo!

Day wear is usually smart casual. Linen trousers/shorts and shirts a must. No Bermuda or beach shorts for men!!

Chic beach attire is for lunch at beach restaurants - Bikinis, wraps, transparent silk/linen tops, stilettos and designer handbags is the look.

If you can, try lunch at Cala di Volpe hotel and Rammazino Hotels.

They both have restaurants overlooking beaches

harrow
Level Contributor
600 posts
6. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

kb a woman after my own heart.

It's also about the way you wear the gear and how you react.

It's cool,chic and the I belong in this atmopshere that sets you apart.

A lot of the jetset will have gone back to work by end of August. Footballers will have started the season and many tv personalities too.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

To One of the gang....I am a man!!!

No offense, but what made you think i was a woman??

harrow
Level Contributor
600 posts
8. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

Sorry KD I don't know now that I think about it.

Anyway who cares great to find someone else who enjoys PC.

Florida
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

I cannot thank you all enough, especially kbdavies for all your adivce. I am leaving in two days and will be adding a few more key pieces to my suitcase after reading your post.

I will be sure to post my experience and share anything I can with all. This forum has been most helpful.

Ciao!

Angela

10. Re: Sardina, Porto Cervo Tips Needed Please....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 08, 2009