We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
66 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!

My family and I (husband and 2 kids 18 and 9) will be travelling to Italy in June. My husband and I are foodies and NOT al ALL interested in eating in tourist traps! Would you recommend some wonderful places to eat, off the beaten path....holes in the wall....little gems if you will?!! Everything from coffee and pastries in the morning. For lunch: a sack lunch to be eaten on a hike, in the car, on a beach, in a park, or great pizza places, etc. Dinner can be anything from a basic cheaply priced meal to a splurge meal of fine dinning. And dessert?...Pastries again! Or gelato! We love the EXPERIENCE as well as great food and wine, so location, views, ambiance, character and quirkiness are very welcome! Thanks in advance for any help! And if you need more info, just ask!

I'm so excited I could EXPLODE!!!!!

4 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!

Take the short (30-40 min) drive to Villa Manin, just outside Codroipo. The restaurant there is fabulous, and of course, the ambience.

www.villamanin-eventi.it/eng/villa_manin.php

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!

Found the restaurant reviews (You'll have to use google translator)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g1186886-d243…

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
66 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!

Thank you!!!!

Maniago, Friuli...
Level Contributor
169 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!

Hello Dana!

Since you still have to come here, I'll add something to this thread. ;)

The Pordenone area is not a big tourist thing, so the good news is that tourist traps are just a few. There are many fine places where to eat all around.

I will just recommend a couple, which are both in the area beside the mountains, 20-30 minutes from Pordenone: Ai Mulinars (in Clauzetto, typical Friulian food); Ristorantino da Issa (in Cavasso Nuovo, Jordan home cuisine). You can read the reviews of those here on TA.

I hope you will have a great stay in Friuli!

Reply to: Off the beaten path restaurants, cafes, eating experiences?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted