We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries to Ponza in September

Which Ponza Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Ferries to Ponza in September

Hi,

I'm travelling from Azio to Ponza on 14th or 15th September 2007. Can anyone tell me what time the ferry leaves on those dates?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

There is a fast & slow ferry option....depatures on Vetor depart at 0815, 0900 and 1200.

kingston upon...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

Hi

I too am travelling from Anzio to Ponza then from Ponza to Naples between 6-10th Sept - all the ferry websites I have found don't go up to these dates - can anyone please advise.

Many thanks

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

For the Anzio to Ponza you will find the ferry, try this site

http://www.isolaponza.it/comearrivare_en.html

For Ponza to Naples I believe you are too late for the direct but look at this site too

…gesac.it/portal/…Trasporti

kingston upon...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

Many thanks, this is great! I believe you are right about travelling from Ponza to Naples, basically after our stay on Ponza we are going to stay in Positano and I thought that that would be the best route to take. Given that the ferries aren't going to Naples directly would you be able to advise me of a better route to take please. Many thanks again!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

All year round the ferries travel from Ponza to Formia (mid way between Anzio and Naples on the coastline).

www.caremar.it/pages_it/orariloaded.asp…

are the dates & times available. You have the option of the fast (1hr 20min) or slow 2 hr 30 min) ferry.

If you know what date I can say the ferries available for you & train timings.

Then from Formia you can take the train to Salerno (for Positano). This is about just under the 2 hours.

ferroviedellostato.it/ferrovie/…inglese.jsp

From Salerno you can take the SITA bus to Positano on the Amalfi coast.

http://www.sitabus.it/wps/portal

hope this helps...

kingston upon...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

That is such a huge help, many thanks. We'll be travelling from Ponza to Naples etc on Weds 10th Sept we are very flexible with times, to be honest we will probably hire a car from whichever ferry port we end up in! Would you also be able to recommend the best hotel in ponza, there are quite a few to choose from!! Many many thanks again!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

Sorry I just say the reply post now. Do you have a maximum you would want to spend or want the best for the hotel?

kingston upon...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

I suppose we have a range - probably mid to luxurious and would def like good views and a pool. Could I also ask another q.....our flights with BMI back from Naples to London have been cancelled......we therefore have to find alternative reasonably costed flights......would you therefore recommend either driving back from Pompei to Rome or Naples - I know Rome is much further away but the flights are £100 cheaper, but I didn't know if we would end up spending that much on tolls and petrol! Many thanks

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

Have a look at Grand Hotel Chiaia Di Luna or Hotel Villaggio dei Pescatori. For £100 cheaper you could certainly arrive to Rome and make the travel up, the petrol/diesel is now about 1,53 euro a litre and tolls won't cost so much. You could also take the train from Naples to Rome express, then change and take the Leonardo Express from Termini station (where the other one arrives) to go to the airport. Or you could consider a private transfer if you want the details let me know.

kingston upon...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferries to Ponza in September

That's so helpful thank you! We'll probably hire a car for stay after Ponza - would you happen to know a good car hire firm that would let us collect from Formia but drop off in at Rome airport please? Many thanks again!