We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

This topic was previously closed due to inactivity. Anyone have any recent info? Is Uber available in Italy?

Sant'Andrea
Sacred & Religious Sites
Piazza del Duomo
Points of Interest & Landmarks
5 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,320 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

€70-€90. You do know there is a bus? (http://www.blubus.it/Invernale/IQ_107.pdf)

Only Uber Black, operated by professional drivers, is legal in Italy, which means it is comparable in price to normal taxis. But if you are an Uber user, would your app not tell you this?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

Thank you for the great reply. When the bus schedule says Florence does it mean in the town or at the airport (FLR)? I am not an Uber user.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,267 posts
3. Re: How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

When the bus schedule says Firenze Aeroporto, it means the airport. Firenze Capolinea is the centre.

From the centre, there are frequent trains taking from 33 minutes and costing €4.50 http://www.trenitalia.com/# and the train stations are very near the centres of both cities.

Edited: 10:28 am, February 28, 2018
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,267 posts
4. Re: How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

Florence's central station is Firenze S. M. Novella.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?

How very patient and kind of you to point that out. I had not noticed that some were from the airport. I think my friends want to take a taxi anyway, because we will have been up for about 24 hours and changed planes!! Thanks so much. We will be using the train schedule a lot in our ten days in the region.

Reply to: How much is a taxi from FLR to Pistoia center?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted