We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite local restaurants

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite local restaurants

Will be spending some time in Orvieto in May. Please share your favorite, off the tourist track, places to eat in town. Thank you.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite local restaurants

Orvieto is so small that there are very few "off the tourist track" places to eat.

I had lunch at a lovely place called L'Oste del Re.

I had a very tasty pork sandwich, which is a Orvieto specialty, and a couple of delightful desserts.

I also had a very nice snack later in the afternoon, at a place called Clandestino.

Great cappuccino, delicious chocolate strawberry cake and free chips. Friendly atmosphere and decent value too.

UK
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite local restaurants

tripadvisor.co.uk/…47989820

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite local restaurants

Thank you. Can you also recommend a bar/piazza to have apertitvo at. We are staying near Duomo. Grazie

Spello, Italy
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite local restaurants

Whenever I'm in Orvieto I eat at Trattoria del Moro Aronne. It's fabulous. It's probably as touristed as anywhere else since I think its tripadvisor rating is quite high, but I've only ever heard Italian spoken in the restaurant. I had some friends come and visit recently, and they spent 4 days in Orvieto, and said Trattoria del Moro Aronne was their best meal there. Wonderful.

Michelle

www.ilbelcentro.com

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite local restaurants

A very enthusiastic vote for "La Mezza Luna." It was recommended by our host, with the Carbonara being its specialty, and it did not disappoint. At the end of our 3-week trip, it turned out to be my wife's favorite meal...and a close second for me. Memorable!

6. Re: Favorite local restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 04, 2014