We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best for easy access skiing Ortisei or Selva

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Best for easy access skiing Ortisei or Selva

Hi We stayed in Selva last year and loved the easy access to the slopes via the Gondola but our teenagers found the town a little quiet in the evenings Would Ortisei be a better option for nightlife but still giving easy access to the slopes?

Thanks

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,120 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best for easy access skiing Ortisei or Selva

Assume your teenagers not of drinking age so not interested in pubs/apres ski.

What were they expecting to make it more "lively".

If they found Selva quiet then you are in the wrong ski area.

Selva is one of the more lively places on the Sella ROnda circuit.

Ortisei bigger so a bit more going on but the Sella ROnda resorts not really "party" places and Apres ski in Italy is fairly muted in comparison to Austria.

The Alpe di Siusi area is accessable via the Mont Seuc cable car from Ortisei. It is a high plateau skiing area

www.alpedisiusi.info/en/info/welcome.html

alpedisiusi.info/en/winter-active/skiing.html

CORVARA

(again not party central)

Next main village around the Sella ROnda is Corvara in Alta badia. Is also linked to San Cassiano with plenty of easy runs

altabadia.org/en-US/ski_maps_alta_badia.html

CORTINA D'AMPEZZO

Bit more going on and you pay for it.

Really easy skiing around the village

3 Direct coach services daily (~ 2hrs) from Venice Marco Polo Airport. Additional 2 servcies at weekends

http://www.cortinaexpress.it/

Purely examples just depends on what you are really looking for in a town and whether or not you are doing a UK Package Holiday (Crystal, nielson etc) or private.

UK
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best for easy access skiing Ortisei or Selva

Thanks for the info and I probably didn't make myself clear

We skiied at Easter last year and many places had shut down in Selva - which I guess may be the same in Ortisei

We don't want a party town (and we are definitely not package tour skiers and will have a car with us ) - just wondered if it was a bigger place for more eat options etc - but I don't want that to be at the expense of easier skiing

My experience with cable cars is that there is usually more queuing to reach the slopes but I may be wrong here

Thanks again

3. Re: Best for easy access skiing Ortisei or Selva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2014