We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

I am asking if there is any damage in Montepulciano because of today's earthquake.

I have looked on line and seen differing info about this.

Is there anyone in Montepulciano who can answer this?

I have been to Montepulciano many times and feel deeply connected to it.

I hope the city and its people are safe.

Thank you

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Lastraniera, who lives very close says it was felt in the area, but no damage.

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Thank you so much for that information.

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

I am glad to know that the city and its people are safe,

And also so saddened to see the devastation of the towns and people affected by this earthquake

Montepulciano
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Hello from Montepulciano. The town has NOT been affected by the earthquake.

No damages have been reported in town and in the area.

Also, Montepulciano is officially classified as "low-seismic risk" :

tuttitalia.it/toscana/…

(I'm sorry, I could not find an English version of that page, but Google translator maybe can help)

We thank you for your thought to our town and its people, and hope to welcome you back to Montepulciano soon.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Thinking of you all today. The pictures are showing so much devastation. I think the rescuers are doing an amazing job though. Very hard job getting people out of the rubble. Just horrible that so many were in bed and no warning.

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Hello Locanda SanFrancesco

Thank you so much for your reply from the top of Montepulciano overlooking the beauty of Val D'Orcia and Val Di Chiana.

I have been very worried and feel relief now for the town of Montepulciano and its people, while I still feel very sad for the devastation of the towns and people of the affected area.

We have been to Montepulciano many times, most recently this past June. We will return again in 10days and we will be feeling even more grateful than usual to be able to partake of the great beauty, history,food, wine, serenity and people of Montepulciano.

Thank you again for your reply

Linda

Savernake, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Hello

Thank you for concern. Absolutely zero damage here in Montepulciano. Not even a crack or brick has fallen. I think most people did not even feel a thing, I did not feel anything!

There have been false reports. I have seen some idiot named Michael Gilroy who gave an interview on ABC news and was repeated in many newspapers. This guy totally lied and said that the town saw destruction and buildings coming down. He is someone that wanted attention and feeling like he was caught up in an adventure. Shame on him - this is not a joke - people in those towns 100 miles away lost lives and homes. Shame on him and shame on ABC news for not fact checking! Please come back and visit us one day!!! Direct your prayers and help towards the correct cities in Umbria not Tuscany

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Hello

Thank you for your information

Yes, that was the news story on ABC that I heard and thank you for verifying that it was incorrect.

Yes, prayers for Umbria and a visit in 10 days to Montepulciano

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
174 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

my mum lives in Tuscany. Nothing was feel. The area hit by the EQ is at the corner between Lazio, Marche and Umbria, on a mountain area. So bad to read that the international media is giving such wrong information. Just trash ...

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Was Montepulciano affected by today's earthquake

Thank you so much for clearing that up. Having visited in April I was heartbroken to think that this beautiful place had been damaged. Our thoughts and prayers are with all in the affected areas.

Such a tragedy and yes shame on that man and ABC news.