We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have I made a mistake booking an apartment in town?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Have I made a mistake booking an apartment in town?

We are renting one of Nico's (Sant'Antonio) apartments in town in late June. I have been reading some of the posts here about Montepulciano becoming touristy and overcrowded and I am getting concerned that I chose the wrong town to stay in. We generally like being IN towns to take advantage of the culture, the restaurants and the like, but it sounds like all of that may change after staying in Montepulciano. I could still cancel and book someplace else I suppose, but I would get nailed with a cancellation fee.. I really am concerned. Any words or wisdom?

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
931 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Have I made a mistake booking an apartment in town?

Spend an afternoon in Pienza (15 minutes west). So many great places to have lunch and shop (especially for cheese). Take the Piccolomini tour if you are into papal history.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Have I made a mistake booking an apartment in town?

Thanks to you both for your additional suggestions. Both places are the day trip list.

13. Re: Have I made a mistake booking an apartment in town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, March 08, 2015