We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Siena to Montepulciano in October

Which Montepulciano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Siena to Montepulciano in October

Hello everyone, hope someone can help me with this. I know it has been asked in many times in one way or another but no matter how many times I look into it I can't seem to find the information I am looking for.

We will be staying in Montepulciano for 2 nights in late October (23-24th) after 4 nights in Siena and would like to catch to bus there. What I would like to find out is if there is a direct bus to Montepulciano that leaves Siena mid morning (I prefer not to do crack of dawn starts..we're on holidays after all). Everything I have read makes it all sound so difficult and complicated. When I planned this trip I thought this would be a simple bit!

The alternative is to book a shuttle taxi...expensive but at least it would be direct and we would get to see some of the countryside on the way.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated ...... Justgoing

perth Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus from Siena to Montepulciano in October

Thanks, unfortunately my Italian is very basic, better at understanding than speaking. I am getting better with each visit but still not one of my real talents, so talking on the phone would be a bit of a problem for the poor person on the other end. It is a good idea to ask at our B and B. We will be contacting them with our time of arrival anyway so perhaps they could arrange it for us, hadn't thought of that. We will be travelling for 2 1/2 months so there are always a lot of details that need attention to make sure moving from one place to another is as stress free as possible........mind you it the stuff that goes wrong that make the best memories and stories, and we have a few of those !

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
956 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus from Siena to Montepulciano in October

I would agree with Peggypatch, although there was a taxi sitting when we were there, it may just have been luck, so a taxi pre-arranged by your hotel would save you hanging about or worrying about making a phone call.

We did look for a taxi around 6.30pm to take us back to the station and couldn't get hold of one.

The bus service from the station to the town is very infrequent.

13. Re: Bus from Siena to Montepulciano in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 17, 2014