We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Tuscanny

Kearny, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best time to visit Tuscanny

Is there a "better" time of year to visit Tuscany, I'd like to take my granddaughter as a graduation present sometime in 2012...and I was thinking of the end of March...Does it get more crowded because of Easter..or would October be better...I'm trying to avoid the summer because I know that is the peak tourist season for most of Italy.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best time to visit Tuscanny

End of April or early May and September in the countryside. June in Pisa.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best time to visit Tuscanny

What kind of warm clothes do you need to wear late September and early October (day and night)?

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,805 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best time to visit Tuscanny

I'd say a bit later than late April around here, ideally mid-May onwards through to mid-June. The later you leave it, the less likelihood of rain. Re clothes in late September, hard to say so bring lots of layers. You'll almost definitely need a jacket in the evening.

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best time to visit Tuscanny

You can take a look at these articles

athomeintuscany.org/category/…

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best time to visit Tuscanny

We travel to Tuscany every year in May and have never been disappointed in the weather. The second two weeks are warmer then the first. I prefer the temp of early May;17-20 degrees and my wife prefers above 20. Guess when we travel, that''s correct late May.

For us, we love to walk outside and not raining is is really an important factor. It seems to me most May days are dry, except for the afternoon showers, especially Assisi, where every-time I go it storms in the afternoon.

First I thought Brother Francis had it in for me as the storm coincided with the visit to his church. Then a local priest informed me it always storms in the afternoon.

Mentioned in this post
Assisi
Assisi
Province of Perugia, Italy
16. Re: Best time to visit Tuscanny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 19, 2013