We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
907 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

Hi,

We are now debating whether to spend 2 nights here or do a day trip from florence instead of Siena.

Our itenary feb16,17 venice

18 and 19 florence

20 and 21 Montepulciano ( or Siena was the other choice)

22-24 rome.

We liked the idea that its quieter here than Siena so wondering if thats the best thing to do. Is it easy to get from here back to rome or do I stay 4 nights in florence and do day trips to siena and Montepulciano ?

Really confused.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

Montepulciano is very quiet in February so I would suggest you might be better off in Siena, which is far larger and not busy in mid-winter at all. It's an easy drive and a not so easy, though perfectly possible, journey on public transport from both to Rome. But without a car in February in Montepulciano you'll be pretty much stranded and even with a car, I would suggest you might find more to do in the evenings in the provincial capital, Siena.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
907 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

thank u for the suggestion. Then would you think that we stay in florence and do day trips one day to siena and the other day trip to Montepulciano.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

If you plan to hire a car, stay overnight in Siena for it's lovely in the evening and drive to Montepulciano from there on one of the most beautiful roads in the region. If you don't plan on hiring a car, it's difficult to see Montepulciano as you'd have to take a train to Chiusi and then a bus. I mean, it's doable, but it's not easy and you'd waste a lot of your precious day hanging around waiting for buses and trains.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

If you do decide to stay in Montepulciano, I do recommend Albergo il Rondo. It is a beautiful B&B, 5 minutes walk to the elevator to take you up to the gate to the old town.

http://www.albergoilrondo.it/index.php

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g194833-d178926…

Montepulciano
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

If you are staying in our area on 20-21 February, maybe you could consider a short tour in Montalcino for "Benvenuto Brunello" (from 18 to 21 of February), which is the preview of the new vintages of Brunello and Rosso di Montalcino wines . You will have the possibility of tasting the wines that will be released on the market in the next months. The event will be held in the Fortess. Further information on

consorziobrunellodimontalcino.it/en/events/b…

6. Re: Montepulciano for 2 nights on honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 17, 2012