We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ortaglia in Montepulciano or ...?

Which Montepulciano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
An
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ortaglia in Montepulciano or ...?

Hi everybody,

I've just started to plan a short trip in Tuscany (4/5 nights)

My boyfriedn and I should be travelling between May and June next year.

As we have already visited the marvellous Florence, Siena and Pisa, I thought that this time we should see the countryside of this beautiful region.

"Ortaglia", in Montepulciano looks like a beautiful place to spend some romantic nights and Montepulciano itself iseems to be a very popular and beautiful town. During our stay, i would also like to see "Val D'Orcia" (S. Quirico and S. Amiata Abbey) and the "crete senesi". Are these areas really worth visiting?

However I've read that this part of Tuscany might be too touristy.

Is it really that touristy?

What other options would you suggest? Maybe the "Maremma"?... is the landscape of the "Maremma" as suggestive as the landscape in Montepulciano and surroundings?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Alessia

Any advise?

Has anybody stayed in "Ortaglia"? On t.a. I haven't found many comments but all of them were very positive.

Eden Prairie...
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ortaglia in Montepulciano or ...?

Ortaglia is paradise. Close to town but far enogh away for total peace. Terenzio the owner speaks flawless english and loves to show his guests the area. I have stayed here and at st antonio and would recommend both.

Ortaglia is a bed and breakfast...

St antonio you rent an apartment perfect for a week or more.

For a few days I would go with Ortaglia

2. Re: Ortaglia in Montepulciano or ...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 16, 2009