We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

Which Montecatini Terme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

We are travelling in Tuscany next month, September. We have 3 nights free at the moment and cannot decide between Pistoia or Montecatini Terme. Any advice or your thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

Montecatini Terme. You'd get a much better deal. Tons of hotels being a spa town and very well located for Lucca, Pisa, Garafgnana and further afield. I'll surely be corrected, but Pistoia strikes me more as a business/light industrial sort of town.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
41 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

Thanks for the information - we will consider your comments

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

I prefer Pistoia, lovely historic centre, plenty to see and easy access to places like Prato, Florence and Lucca is not too far either by train. It is less of a tourist town than Montecatini, but in a good way!

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
397 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

I agree with Peggypatch, Pistoia is a lively small city. A good market and daily food market, with a good mix of bars and restaurants, good shops and very attractive cathedral square. Montecatini is rather quiet by comparison

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

There you go EllieG!. Make your choice. You didn't ask about liveliness or otherwise. My thoughts were more on budget and location. I prefer quieter places myself anyway.

Have a good trip!

6. Re: Pistoia or Montecatini-Terme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Montecatini Terme