We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

funicular ride

kalamazoo
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
funicular ride

Can anyone tell me how much time I should plan to take the funicular up to Montecatini Alba? I am traveling with a group and have a limited amount of free time. Is it worth using valuable free time for the trip? Thanks

morgan city, la
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: funicular ride

we would go up after dark.the view is awsome at night.we would get wine and a snack and sit around,it would take us about an hour or two but it is relaxing.

france
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: funicular ride

hi

the funicular ride to alto is great it takes about twenty minutes, at th e top the views are stunning not a lot to see (building wise) but lots os resturants, my wife and i spent a whole afternoon having a meal and relaxing up there great if you like peace and quite. chris dunkel

Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: funicular ride

Went up just before sunset and stayed for about 1 1/2 hours.

Walked through the park and baths on the way up to the funicular.

The views of the valley from Alto were very nice.

We ate at one of the cafes in the square.

Well worth the trip.

Wayne. New Jersey
Level Contributor
246 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: funicular ride

montecatini alto to absolutely worth using valuable time on your trip. I would definitely go there for dinner one night. try to go before its dark because the view is great on the way up the funicular. when you get to the square, eat at La Torre the food is the best (they are closed on tuesday). the other cafe in the square was not good, Cafe Guisti.

In town, montecatini terme, there is a nice restaurant called Cascina, we eat there everytime we come to montecatini. very nice place indoor/outdoor.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: funicular ride

I think that Montecatini Terme is much overlooked and a good place to stay. Montecatini Alba is well worth the trip as many other posters have said. Riding the Merry-go-round in the park is also great-for any age. Montecatini is a good place to have as a base to other Tuscan towns. It is relatively inexpensive and has some good shopping. There is a terra cotta place at the edge of town that is wonderful. Wish we lived where you could leave it out all year.

We have stayed at the Ercolini Savi several times. The only thing wrong with it is that Globus is now using it.

RI
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: funicular ride

The Montecatini comune website has a schedule for the funicular at www.comune.montecatini-terme.pt.it/page.php…

Get answers to your questions about Montecatini Terme