We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expensive?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Expensive?

Hi - I had a short break booked in Florance at the beginning of September - unfortunately for me due to redundancy the hotel and stay I had planned is now a little to hard on the pocket! I have seen an amazing priced hotel in Montecatini Terme and thought this could be a way to still afford my break (I have already paid for flights to Pisa) could I ask what the prices are like on meals / drinks / public transport? Also I have no Italian - will I struggle? Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Montecatini Terme
Montecatini Terme
Province of Pistoia, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Saltcoats, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expensive?

Hi there. We stayed in the hotel Boston a couple of years ago and found this great value. Do a comparison re hotels on a comparison site like hotelscomparison.com or trivago. Eating out is quite reasonable and train travel to Florence, Pisa,Lucca, Viareggio etc is really cheap. If you check out my review of the Hotel Boston I think I put down how much train costs were. If not if you check out the trenitalia site this will give you prices. You don't need to book in advance, just get your tickets when you want to go. I don't speak Italian but managed fine. Hope this helps. We were on a budget too and we had a great holiday. We are going back next week, but this time staying in Lucca. We got a good deal for the hotel Napoleon. We will visit Montecatini when there. Have a great holiday.

Louise

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
484 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Viareggio
Viareggio
Province of Lucca, Italy
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
462 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expensive?

Thanks Louise - hope you enjoy your holiday

3. Re: Expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 10, 2013