We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Byron

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Byron

Has anyone heard of or stayed at this hotel please? I can't find any info on it at all (a bit worrying!!) and I am staying there for Xmas week.

Also does it get very cold in Montecatini in December? Just thinking what clothes to pack!! And will everything be closed for the holiday?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Smart Hotel Bartolini
Smart Hotel Bartolini
#1 of 109 hotels in Montecatini Terme
Hotel Puccini
Hotel Puccini
#2 of 109 hotels in Montecatini Terme
Hotel Francia e Quirinale
Hotel Francia e Quirinale
#3 of 109 hotels in Montecatini Terme
West Midlands
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Byron

Bella - I presume you are going with JU holidays - I am too. Also a bit concerned that I cant find anything about the hotel - sure it will be OK though - could be a bit of an adventure. I have exactly the same questions about temperature, what to pack etc - perhaps we will get some good answers before we go. I am doing pre travel get tog at Gatwick - are you - look forward to meeting you.

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi Lucy,

Yes I am going to Tuscany with JU so it will be nice to meet you at the pre- holiday get together at Gatwick. If you want a "chat" before we go, please leave me a message on my T/A "messages" page.

I had an answer to the weather question on the Tuscany forum and it said "could be quite cold and to remember we will be outdoors more than we possibly would at home" - so I guess it's coats, hats and gloves and something nice for the evening!! I always pack far too many clothes anyway - you should have seen my cases for 5 weeks in Singapore, Australia and Thailand!!

Still had no info on the Hotel Byron in Montecatini Terme though. Anyone out there ever hear of it please?

See you at Gatwick Lucy!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi Bella and Lucy, I did some digging but didn't find much except for this link on an italian website. I can't view from this computer though

Hotel "Byron" (three stars) - Viale Bicchierai, 68-51016 Montecatini Terme (PT) - Tel. 057270122 - Fax 0572767174 - E-mail: byron@gruppobirindelli.it - Web: www.gruppobirindelli.it/byron ; 057270122-Fax 0572767174-mail: byron@gruppobirindelli.it Web: www.gruppobirindelli.it / byron;

It should be fairly chilly in Montecatini by December. So definitely bring a few sweaters. If you're going to bring a jacket then wear it on the plane to save some space. I don't know if things are closed on the holidays.

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi LK30 and Lucy,

Thanks so much for the website address LK30. I have just had a look and feel much happier now I've seen some details and photo's of the Hotel.

Lucy - have a look on www.gruppobirindelli.it and www.bookinitaly.com and search the Hotel Byron and you will see some pics of the hotel. The decor looks a bit "individual" shall we say? - but it seems OK.

I will post the website address that LK30 kindly sent to us onto the JU message boards so that the others on our trip can have a look too (if JU allow it of course!)

Still looking forward to seeing you at the Gatwick pre-trip get together Lucy and great job on your Montecatini trip reports LK30! They were very interesting to read and you obviously love Italy just as much as I do!

Regards,

Bella.

West Midlands
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi Bella36 - I have looked at website for Byron Hotel - quite comforting to know it exists though nevery doubted JU! Think I see what you mean about individual - but aren't we all. Thanks to LK30 for some helpful tips to help us pack - I am a pack it just in case type - the comments will certainly help.

Looking forward to going now and meeting everyone at Gatwick.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
265 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Byron

Bella and Lucy you're both very welcome and I hope you have a glorious time!!

Ciao Ciao

West Midlands
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi Bella,

Have you heard from JU - not the Hotel Byronl any more - after all our efforts to find it. Now the Hotel Royal Palace - www.gruppobirindelli.it - looks ok. See you soon, looking forward to the holiday now, not far off. Lucy71

Wales
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi Lucy

Yes I did hear from JU re the hotel change. Actually I think the Royal Palace looks better, so it might be to our benefit. I did leave a post on the JU website so others might have an easier job than we did finding some info on the hotel group.

Are you going to the pre holiday get together at Gatwick? I am - so might see you there the day before the holiday. I am really looking forward to it, but also a bit nervous about whether I will find any kindred spirits in the group (but we all feel like that don't we?)

I am working up until the day I leave for Gatwick (I am a Nurse) so I am going to start my packing this week-end.

See you soon,

Bella.

West Midlands
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Byron

Hi Bella, yes I am doing the Sat night at Gatwick (Clarion Hotel now called the Grand Plaza - another change!) I am sure we will find some like minded souls. I will be doing the serious packing this weekend, working up to Friday too. I am sure next week will go very quickly. Look forward to meeting you. Lucy71

10. Re: Hotel Byron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Montecatini Terme