We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

New York, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

I just put a deposit down for the Club ABC Super Tuscany Tour in June. Was hoping for some feedback - was this tour a good one? Will be my first with ABC, and I am traveling single. Also, I am a little concerned about the Hotel after reading the reviews. I am staying at the Hotel Vittoria, and hoping the rooms are not as depicted?? Dinners do not sound so great. Wondering if you are central - and safe enough - to go to local restaurants just in case at night?

This is a guided tour, but do I need to book my museum tickets, etc? Or will they help us with this? Any other feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

I can't answer your question about the tour but there have been a number of posts on this site about ABC Tours. I was seriously considering their Tuscany tour but they go out of JFK and since I am in Wisconsin making connections was really difficult. If it weren't for that, I would probably go - there seems to be a lot of free time (which I like) then you can do what you want. There are a lot of optional tours available. Overall ABC Tour prices seem good.

Mentioned in this post
NewYork
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

coco244

I'm planning to go on the Club ABC Super Tuscany Tour in late Sept or Oct. It's my first with ABC & I'll also be traveling single. Was the hotel location central & safe to be on my own in the evenings. How was the hotel? What did you do on your free days...... was the tour guide helpful? Did you need to book museum tickets in or did the tour guide help with that?

I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Is anyone doing this trip from JFK on 9/29 or 10/06?

Mentioned in this post
Warrington...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

My husband and I are going on the Club ABC Super Tuscany Tour on Sept. 16th. How did you enjoy the trip?

Can you give us any tips or feedback?

Grazie!

Mentioned in this post
New York
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

In response to coco244, check out my earlier post. We did the Super Tuscany tour with ABC end of May/early June. Despite the horrid weather (much rain), it was a great trip. We, too, had misgivings about the Hotel Vittoria after reading postings on this website. However, we found the hotel to be lovely, charming, clean, and perfectly situated. We had one of only 3 rooms with a balcony. The food was plentiful but rather mediocre and lots of wine, great salad bar at night. Breakfast was tedious but adequate. Service, despite many complaints on this forum, was excellent on all fronts. The day trips were excellent but would have liked at least one more free day. Trip to Cinque Terre region was awesome. Caroline was our tour guide, and she was the best guide we ever had, bar none, throughout all our many travels. Hope you get her. It was great to stay in one area and just do daytrips. On our free days we took the train to Florence for a second day and to Lucca, both good choices. Montecatini is a nice leisurely town for strolling around, having gelato, shopping, if that is your thing. Definitely take the funicular to Montecatini Alto and have lunch at La Torre. Enjoy your trip!

Lucky NY

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
490 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Montecatini Alto
Montecatini Alto
2,266 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
New York
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

Additional info to coco244. Montecatini is very central and safe enough to go to local restaurants. Just exercise caution as you would in any area, familiar or not. The tour guide can assist you with all museum and concert tickets. Unfortunately, we could not get into the Ufizzzi in Florence as they were booked on our free days. Might be best to book ahead as you will be assured of tickets at the times you prefer. Again, enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
490 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

To all of you who have done the Super Tuscany tour with Club ABC. We are going on Oct 13 and are wondering what optional tours were offered. Did they offer an optional tour to Lucca/Pisa? Did they assist in getting tickets to the Uffizi and the David? Did anyone get tickets ahead of time? If so, how? Any information you can give us, we would appreciate!

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Hotel David
Hotel David
3,524 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Clarkston, Michigan
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

Hi-

I just found out about this tour. I am flying out of Detroit. Is that going to be a problem?

Did everyone have a great time last year that took the trips from ABC Tours?

Does anyone have any insight on any of these tours good and bad!

Thanks much,

Karen

Michigan

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

I don't think you can fly out of Detroit. One of the restrictions of the Club ABC tours is that you must fly out of NYC. You can opt out of the flying part of the trip, and book land only, but that usually saves you very little money. When I go with Club ABC, I just get myself to NY.

The Montecatini trip is great, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
490 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Clarkston, Michigan
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

Rino-

Thanks for takingthe time to answer that for me.

I am also looking at the Go Ahead Tours and Grand Circle Travel as well.

There are so many to choose from:)

Have a great day!!

Karen

Michigan

10. Re: Club ABC Tour Super Tuscany?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Montecatini Terme