We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire a Car and Driver ?

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hire a Car and Driver ?

Once again I am turning to my TA friends for leads. We will be staying in Montecatini and want to travel to the town of Castellina in Chianti, also visit one of the nearby wineries. Having been to this area before, I would like to price the trip using a car and driver. We have done this in other countries and it has not been prohibitive. Does anyone know of a company who offers this service ?Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
489 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Castellina In Chianti
Castellina In Chianti
Province of Siena, Italy
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

As nobody else has replied suggest you contact Tau Touring who are based in Lucca for a quotation: tautouring.it/en/…

mesh

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

We just returned and did a Chianti tour in this area last week. I used Anna w/Cool Tours - look at her site and email her. She was awesome. We stayed at Hotel Puccini in Montacantini and she came and picked us up. We went to 2 wineries and had lunch at the 2nd one. She is very knowledgeable. She was recommended on trip Advisor.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puccini
Hotel Puccini
677 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

Thanks so much Will do

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

Thanks for suggesting Cooltours. It does look cool. Any idea how we might recruit a couple of others on our Gate 1 trip to join us thus lowering the cost ?

I think I recall in the past they send out a FB list of others on your trip, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks, as always for your ideas.

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

I didn't receive a list- we had 6 people and it was 100 Euros per person- worth every penny!

Triangle
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

I, too, am trying to hire a drive from Montecatini. Did you find a service?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
489 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

Not sure if I responded. Did you try Go & See Italy Tours.? They have an office in Luca and one in Montecatini. Cool Tours by Anna may also be able to help, as well as your Concierge. Have Fun.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Hotel Montecatini Palace
Hotel Montecatini Palace
489 Reviews
Montecatini Terme, Italy
8. Re: Hire a Car and Driver ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 03, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Montecatini Terme