We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with Trenitalia

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booking with Trenitalia

I'm having a horrible time trying to book a sleeper car from Milano to Frankfurt. I have a Eurail pass. I've tried www.railpass.com - but, it's says reservations aren't available for this train. Trenitalia.com is soooo confusing and the number I've tried to call from their website isn't good.

Anyone had luck with such a reservation? Can someone give me more guidance?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,581 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking with Trenitalia

You cannot make a reservation with any of the official railway companies directly if you hold a rail pass and want the discounted fare. So you are stuck with the official agents in the US like raileurope.com , with their crippled reservation service(as you noticed) and ridiculous charges.

Simply book it once you arrive in Europe. No hassle.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking with Trenitalia

Very easy to book using the DB Night train website. Your tickets, a pdf file in German, will be e-mailed to you for printing. Under ‘Booking information’ click on ‘(example)’.

https://buchung.nachtzugreise.de/book/0.asp

click on the UK flag

check the ‘No return trip’ box

To: Frankfurt(Main) Hbf

What is required? change to ‘Accommodation surcharge only, ticket exists’

select number of travelers

click next and proceed

A tutorial on how to use the nachtzugreise.de website is at:

dmz.nachtzugreise.de/nzstatic/help_uk.html

3. Re: Booking with Trenitalia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Milano Marittima
More Milano Marittima Topics