We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old lady traveller - URGENT

Which Mestre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
akt
India
Level Contributor
384 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Old lady traveller - URGENT

Hi,

An old lady is planning a travel to various parts of Italy.

They would be staying at Centrale hotel in Mestre.. a couple of questions.. they want

1. kettle in the room

2. elevater in the hotel since she would not be able to walk a lot of stairs.. carrying their own wheelchair .

incase it is not there, can you please suggest some other 3 star not so expensive hotel.. please

thanks

AKt

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,931 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

Check www.venere.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,220 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

May I ask why stay in Mestre when visiting Venice (presumably). To get to Venice each day they will need to take a bus or train over the long causeway. It will not be convenient to return to the hotel for a rest and it seems a shame to miss out on the evening when it is much more peaceful in Venice.

This article has several pages and lists accessible hotels

europeforvisitors.com/venice/hotelmaps/acces…

As the lady appears to want tea in several different places, may I suggest travelling with a small electric kettle of the correct voltage for Italy (220-240V) Perhaps her companion can purchase it in Italy for her. It shouldn't cost more than €10 or so.

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

Do check with the hotel, as the last two I've stayed in expressly forbid the use of a kettle in the room.

TAB

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

We have a small travel kettle, had it for years, been to more places than I can remember with it , not once have we been asked not to use it, and we have never hidden it from show,

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

Good, then you can give her some suggestions.

TAB

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,931 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

Must ask ! Why does this "Old lady" need a kettle ? Just interested !!

akt
India
Level Contributor
384 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

she might need it to warm up the water for her semi/solid/liquid food.

also in venice island would the hotels would not have lift/elevaters?

Please advice.

AKT

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

Some do, Some don't - you will need to check the description of each one.

The answers on this post may assist:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41603735

Also, are you sure that the lady will be able to manage all the bridges in venice - there are an awful lot of them and most have steps.

P-t-B

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

I don't know about a kettle in the room but if you check some of the on-line travel stores you can buy an electric coil water heater for a few dollars that you set into your cup of water and it will heat it to boiling. I've been using mine for years. It's small and rolls up to fit into my toiletry bag.

I also chose to stay in Meistre because I could get a nicer room for less money. I don't know whether they have an elevator or not but the Tritone hotel is right across the causeway from Venice and right across the street from both the train and the bus stop making it easy to get into Venice. They also offer a shuttle to and from the airport. I haven't stayed there yet but I chose it because it is an affordable hotel with good reviews. If they don't have an elevator you may be able to book a first floor room.

Northeast Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old lady traveller - URGENT

Here is a link to the water heater: magellans.com/dual-voltage-heating-coil-22269