We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers have been done to death but........

Which Menaggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers have been done to death but........

I have looked at the excellent posts on here regarding the use of public transport to travel from the airport to Menaggio but my wife easily panic and would prefer to take a taxi. However the return taxi price is more that the airfare!!! (some are quoting £340 return....this is ridiculous). I can`t seem to find a shuttle bus from the airport. Does anyone know of a shuttle service? Also would I be better of trying toget a taxi outside the airport rather than booking one on line? Thanks for any help!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers have been done to death but........

Unfortunately, this is about what costs for a journey taking nearly two hours each way - when you are effectively also paying for the taxi returning empty. There is no shuttle bus, and a taxi from the airport is unlikely to be cheaper.

Train to Como then local bus would be less than €15 each, each way, but I expect you already know that.

Menaggio, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers have been done to death but........

Hi, you can get a transfer for approx. €140 from the Malpensa airport, who ever is asking for €340 is not honest.

A taxi from the airport is approx. €200 so not good either.

The best way to get to Menaggio is train to Varenna from Milan (if coming in to Malpensa catch the Malpensa express) and then ferry to Menaggio

or

From Malpensa airport the Malpensa express to Saronno, change to Como Lago and then cross the street to the bus stop for the C10 bus.

3. Re: Transfers have been done to death but........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 04, 2015