We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where is Piazza Roma?

I need to get a bus from Menaggio to Lugano. There's bus line - C12, which according to itinerary has starting point at Piazza Roma. Does anybody know where it is exactly? According to google maps first bus stop for this line is called "Deposito ASF" - is it synonymous with Piazza Roma? I'm confused a little bit...

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,379 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Piazza Roma?

If you look up google maps, the bus stops are clearly indicated, and the deposito (i.e. bus depot, ASF is the bus company name) is next to Via Roma.

Edited: 5:39 am, August 29, 2012
Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Piazza Roma?

I couldn't locate Piazza Roma on Google, as you've said there's only Via Roma. I guess it's the same as Piazza Roma. Thanks for fast reply.

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Piazza Roma?

Piazza Roma is the name of the area of Menaggio where the buses leave from (and where there is the garage for the buses, called in Italian Deposito). It is near the cemetery. Bus C12 to Lugano also stops in via Lusardi, tha main road, 100 m past the church northwards. Right in front, you can purchase the tickets at the newsagent's (tichets must always be bought before boarding the bus)

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Piazza Roma?

I've got it. Via Lusardi is even closer to the place where I'm going to stay. Thanks for help.

5. Re: Where is Piazza Roma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 05, 2013