We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Holiday in Maratea Summer 2012

Which Maratea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family Holiday in Maratea Summer 2012

Hi

Any advise for a regular Italian visitor, tho never to Basilicata for a Family , kids ( 4 & 7 ) catered for family hol last two weeks july in Maratea

Where to go , beaches etc ?

Heard Maratea is beautifull, less touristy , more italians, as prefer as am learning the Bella Lingua, and the usual destination of Tuscany can be a bit overun at this time with Northern Europeans, and obviously has not the best beaches.

thanks in advance

Brian.

Maratea, Italy
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Holiday in Maratea Summer 2012

Hello Brian, I'm from Maratea and I'm glad you wanna come here instead of Tuscany :)

In my opinion, the best period to visit Maratea is in June and September, but even July is a good choise. There's not so traffic and the kind of tourism made in Maratea is not based on big numbers of tourists, but on the quality of the vacation.

I would ask you one thing... How do you imagine Maratea? :)

What do you espect from Maratea? What are you looking for? :)

I apologise for my English, I hope you'll understand me :)

Bye!

2. Re: Family Holiday in Maratea Summer 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:54 pm, June 17, 2013