We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamezia to Maratea ?

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Lamezia to Maratea ?

Thinking of flying to Lamezia and staying most of the time in Tropea but wanted to stop off in Maratea first.

Does anyone know how long the drive would be to Maratea from

Lamezia airport?

Do you think it worth spending 4 nights in Maratea? Is the town

large enough to explore and what are the beaches like?

Thanks a lot

new york
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lamezia to Maratea ?

It takes about 2.5 hours from Lamezia to Maratea, according to Via Michelin. I spent 3 days in Maratea last month and would have had no trouble staying longer, as long as the weather held out. The town is charming but small enough to explore on foot in a morning. There are many beaches along the coast..both public and private.. and a few of them are picture-postcard worthy coves framed by rocky headlands..just gorgeous. Water very warm into late September at least. Do not expect to find many people fluent in English.

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lamezia to Maratea ?

That sounds fantastic, thanks so much for your help. I suspect it may

be too much to go from Maratea down to Tropea as we have kids and

long car distances is not their favourite.

This info is helpful.

And by the way, the beauty of it is that there will be NO English there!

Cheers

new york
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lamezia to Maratea ?

I am happy to help! I would have liked to combine those two places as well but gave up the idea due to the driving involved. We did spend one night in Amantea which is quite charming and only 30 minutes from Lamezia airport. But I did not see the beach, as we headed to Maratea the next day.

4. Re: Lamezia to Maratea ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 26, 2012