We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train and taxi from Naples to Acquafredda di Maratea

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train and taxi from Naples to Acquafredda di Maratea

Hi there - I am travelling to Acquafredda di Maratea this Friday via train from Naples. Could anyone advise which is the nearest (and most convenient) train station - I believe Sapri and Maratea are fairly equidistant?

Can I easily get a taxi from any of these stations to my hotel and how much should I expect to pay (it's probably about 5km)?

Also should I book train tickets in advance or doesn't it really make that much difference to the price if I just get them from the train station?

Any advice would be much appreciated - never been to this area of Italy before.

Many thanks

Andre

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train and taxi from Naples to Acquafredda di Maratea

There is a train station at Acquafredda. Just put Acquafredda into http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html and you will find the trains - but the site will only accept the short version, it rejects "Acquafredda di Maratea".

However there are only about five trains a day, and you still may find it much more convenient to use one of the larger stations and a taxi. I'm afraid I do not know about local taxis - I have been to this incredibly beautiful area and indeed stayed in Acquafredda, but travelling by private car.

There will be no need to book the train tickets in advance, and it will make no difference in price.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train and taxi from Naples to Acquafredda di Maratea

Thanks for your prompt reply, very useful - I didn't realise there was a train station at Acquafredda as well, I suppose I can just make my way to Sapri and then decide to either wait for a train to Acquafredda or taxi to my hotel. Looking forward to my trip, the area looks stunningly beautiful!

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train and taxi from Naples to Acquafredda di Maratea

Hi Andrep2010,

We are planning a similar trip next fall (Sept. 2011) and have been concerned about getting around the area using trains, buses and taxis. I hope your trip was sucessful and I would love to hear about the costs and convenience of using taxis from the train stations and getting around the beautiful area without a car. Any tips you could offer would be most appreciated. There seems to be little information available that does not assume travel by car, which we really prefer not to do. Looking forward to your reply.

4. Re: Train and taxi from Naples to Acquafredda di Maratea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, May 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Maratea