Hi Everyone i am from my name is Mairead I am from Northern Ireland, i have been reading the forums and am glad to hear that there are so may good reviews of Malcesine. I just have a few questions of my ownh that i would really appreciate an some answers to. I have visited Malcesine before in October 2012.. but still have some questions that i would like to as to previous bride and grooms of malcesine castle... as i have decided to do all of the planning myself to try and save a bit of money.
1. booking of the castle and paper work- how much does it cost approx, and what do you need to do, paper work wise also is this difficult to do.
2. Where did you have your reception. I am hoping to have it la Pace- i have saw some mixed reviews on their wedding service, i am going to be having about approx 50 guests is this the most suitable venue or is there better ones for such a venue, also please provide your approx costs i have a budget for about 70 Euro ahead - is this reasonable?
3. Music for the venue and Cermoney - Did you have music for your cermoney if tes what type and what cost- if you do not waht to use live music can you just have an ipod to be played through speakers?
4. Also music with the meal- does la pace provide music during the meal is there an extra cost ivolved - is there a good atmosphere in this resturant for a wedding or does it feel small and stuffy and are the other resturant users a problem.
5. Where do you go after the meal is there a bar near by that will accomadate our guests and us for post drinks with music where you can dance etc. Would this have to pre-arranged for this number of people.
6. can any one recommend a nice hotel for my groom and i to stay in? I was thinking of hotel castello but i would like to stay somewhere with an out door pool a i don't fancy swimming in the lake. Also a please recommend good 3-4 star hotel for our guests to stay. Also the mojority of our guests want to stay in self-catring apartments- is there any good villa's or apartments near by. Also there is some people who have said that Riva is a better destination to stay in than Malcesine does anyone agree?
7. What florist did you use and approx cost?
8. What photographer did you use and approx cost?
9. videographer did you use and approx cost?
10. what hairdresser did you use and approx cost?
please answer as many of these questions as you can if you have got married in malcesine or just happen to know.
Many thanks Mairead. :)