We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi Everyone i am from my name is Mairead I am from Northern Ireland, i have been reading the forums and am glad to hear that there are so may good reviews of Malcesine. I just have a few questions of my ownh that i would really appreciate an some answers to. I have visited Malcesine before in October 2012.. but still have some questions that i would like to as to previous bride and grooms of malcesine castle... as i have decided to do all of the planning myself to try and save a bit of money.

1. booking of the castle and paper work- how much does it cost approx, and what do you need to do, paper work wise also is this difficult to do.

2. Where did you have your reception. I am hoping to have it la Pace- i have saw some mixed reviews on their wedding service, i am going to be having about approx 50 guests is this the most suitable venue or is there better ones for such a venue, also please provide your approx costs i have a budget for about 70 Euro ahead - is this reasonable?

3. Music for the venue and Cermoney - Did you have music for your cermoney if tes what type and what cost- if you do not waht to use live music can you just have an ipod to be played through speakers?

4. Also music with the meal- does la pace provide music during the meal is there an extra cost ivolved - is there a good atmosphere in this resturant for a wedding or does it feel small and stuffy and are the other resturant users a problem.

5. Where do you go after the meal is there a bar near by that will accomadate our guests and us for post drinks with music where you can dance etc. Would this have to pre-arranged for this number of people.

6. can any one recommend a nice hotel for my groom and i to stay in? I was thinking of hotel castello but i would like to stay somewhere with an out door pool a i don't fancy swimming in the lake. Also a please recommend good 3-4 star hotel for our guests to stay. Also the mojority of our guests want to stay in self-catring apartments- is there any good villa's or apartments near by. Also there is some people who have said that Riva is a better destination to stay in than Malcesine does anyone agree?

7. What florist did you use and approx cost?

8. What photographer did you use and approx cost?

9. videographer did you use and approx cost?

10. what hairdresser did you use and approx cost?

please answer as many of these questions as you can if you have got married in malcesine or just happen to know.

Many thanks Mairead. :)

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi all,

Do any of you have any contact details for hair dressers in Malceine? And any idea of price?

Thanks Rachel

Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

hi folks, just looking for a bit of help, we are having our wedding in the castle in sept 2014 at 11 then we are going to La Corsaro for our reception from 12.30 to 18.00. now all we need to to find a late bar to have plenty of refreshments :) and music to dance. we were looking at numero otto bar but ive been told this is now mainly a pizzeria now. does anybody know whether it is still a bar as well that could do a party in the evening?

Congleton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

i got married in malcesine in june 13. We had orginal booked numeroo bar but changed a couple of days before my wedding as it had turned more in to a restaurant than a bar. We changed to bar oasi which is located overlooking the lake. It is open till 2am. We had a section of this bar. We had a busker singer with a guitar for an hour and then we played our own music via our ipod

Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi,

We have booked the Oasi Bar as well now. Really looking forward to it now. Just in regards the busker you got, was he local or how did you find him? What kibd of songs did he sing for ya?

Gerard

Congleton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

He played blues music. He was singing outside the castle on the day of our final meeting with Pam from romantic weddings so im presuming he is local. Im not sure how much he cost as my father in law paid for him.

He played for about an hour or so and then we put our ipod on.

Edited: 3:50 am, April 03, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi TravellerJ80 or anyone else with info,

Hope you ahd a lovely wedding! We are looking to get married next year and can't decide between a 11am or 2pm ceremony. How did you find the 11am ceremony - was it too early? What did you do in between the ceremony and the reception?

Any advice / tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Steph

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hello Steph

We got married at 11:30am and it worked out perfectly. I would not have changed anything looking back now. I was really concerned that it was early, but it worked out so well for the ferry times as we were staying in Limone. Our day was very relaxed and we held our reception at La Pace afterwards which was outstanding and very helpful and friendly. We stayed at the Leonardo Di Vinci in Limone who laid on an evening reception which we hadn't even asked for. It was all perfect. The Italians sure know how to celebrate a wedding.

We loved every moment of the day and week leading up to the wedding.

I hope you enjoy your big day :)

Holly

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hello Steph

We got married at 11:30am and it worked out perfectly. I would not have changed anything looking back now. I was really concerned that it was early, but it worked out so well for the ferry times as we were staying in Limone. Our day was very relaxed and we held our reception at La Pace afterwards which was outstanding and very helpful and friendly. We stayed at the Leonardo Di Vinci in Limone who laid on an evening reception which we hadn't even asked for. It was all perfect. The Italians sure know how to celebrate a wedding.

We loved every moment of the day and week leading up to the wedding.

I hope you enjoy your big day :)

Holly

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Thanks Holly,

We have booked 11am, very excited!! Now we just need to sort out everything else!

Steph

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hello Steph I hope your wedding goes well. Let me know if you need any further help.

Holly