We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Which Malcesine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi Everyone i am from my name is Mairead I am from Northern Ireland, i have been reading the forums and am glad to hear that there are so may good reviews of Malcesine. I just have a few questions of my ownh that i would really appreciate an some answers to. I have visited Malcesine before in October 2012.. but still have some questions that i would like to as to previous bride and grooms of malcesine castle... as i have decided to do all of the planning myself to try and save a bit of money.

1. booking of the castle and paper work- how much does it cost approx, and what do you need to do, paper work wise also is this difficult to do.

2. Where did you have your reception. I am hoping to have it la Pace- i have saw some mixed reviews on their wedding service, i am going to be having about approx 50 guests is this the most suitable venue or is there better ones for such a venue, also please provide your approx costs i have a budget for about 70 Euro ahead - is this reasonable?

3. Music for the venue and Cermoney - Did you have music for your cermoney if tes what type and what cost- if you do not waht to use live music can you just have an ipod to be played through speakers?

4. Also music with the meal- does la pace provide music during the meal is there an extra cost ivolved - is there a good atmosphere in this resturant for a wedding or does it feel small and stuffy and are the other resturant users a problem.

5. Where do you go after the meal is there a bar near by that will accomadate our guests and us for post drinks with music where you can dance etc. Would this have to pre-arranged for this number of people.

6. can any one recommend a nice hotel for my groom and i to stay in? I was thinking of hotel castello but i would like to stay somewhere with an out door pool a i don't fancy swimming in the lake. Also a please recommend good 3-4 star hotel for our guests to stay. Also the mojority of our guests want to stay in self-catring apartments- is there any good villa's or apartments near by. Also there is some people who have said that Riva is a better destination to stay in than Malcesine does anyone agree?

7. What florist did you use and approx cost?

8. What photographer did you use and approx cost?

9. videographer did you use and approx cost?

10. what hairdresser did you use and approx cost?

please answer as many of these questions as you can if you have got married in malcesine or just happen to know.

Many thanks Mairead. :)

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Forgot to mention that we are now married. We had the most amazing day, simply beautiful venue and location.

We can highly recommend Al Corsaro, we had our evening reception there, and it was fabulous in every way. Food amazing, staff lovely. . . One of the little boys fell asleep and the owner brought out cushions and blankets for him. The venue is stunning inside and out with enough room for people to mingle and dance.

We did use la pace for champagne toast, which went well, but we were relieved that we didn't use it for the meal (we nearly did but changed our mind after reading some reviews)

La pace would have been far too small for our party of 27, we had a chilly day so sat inside and la pace just wouldn't have had enough room it would have been far too cramped!

We did eat there during our stay, food was fine but service disorganized.

If you need to know anything else or would like to see some pics sent to personal email address let me know

Thanks, Kate x x

12. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:36 am, June 29, 2013
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi all, we are getting married on 12th August 2014 at Malcesine Castle and organising everything ourselves! (Eek)!?

Thought it would be good to join this forum to share ideas / chat even more about it!

We have booked Al Corsaro for the eve reception / meal & now need to organise something between the 11am wedding & 6pm ish. Was thinking of going somewhere else in the lake (by boat) to a lakeside bar / restaurant for toasts & nibbles. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hello

I got married 5 weeks ago in Malcesine and would highly recommend holding a wedding in this amazing place. I loved every aspect of the day. I booked my wedding through Gemma at Italy2wed who was outstanding and took a lot of the pressure off. Everything we needed to know, the legal side of things, booking the resturant La Pace etc... I would recommend booking with Gemma if you decide not to organise it yourself. We stayed in Leonardio Di Vinci in Limone which was very lovely. The staff were fantastic and made our wedding day even more special. We had to travel across the lake to the Castle at Malcesine on the day which Gemma organised for us. We got married at 11:30am at the Castle and then made our way to La Pace. I would recommend this resturant. We have a fantastic meal here and our 21 guests really enjoyed it. The wine was included in the price we paid which was great considering we are very big wine drinkers. They allowed us to play our IPod whilst we were eating which was a lovely touch. We did the speeches here.They made us feel so welcome. We then moved on to Andries Bar near to the water taxi which Gemma and Sergio at La Pace had organised. On arrival bottles of Prosecco were waiting for us. They just kept bringing more. They gave us 6 bottles for free. I was very worried that I had not planned any live music, DJ etc but actually we didn't need this. We arrived back to the Leonardo Di Vinci at around 7pm. Our table was booked for 7:30pm for our guests. They had laid it out like a wedding reception, lots of champers and music. It was great and more than I could have wished for. (I have reviwed this hotel on trip advisor) All in all I would recommend Gemma at Italy2wed for her endless support and help. I even had an Italian hairdresser who I met a couple of days before for my hair trial and then he came to our hotel the morning of the wedding to do our hair (again organised by Gemma).I wish you lots of luck with planning your wedding in this outstanding place. Holly

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help recommend a wedding photographer in malcesine? I've looked online but the cost is phenomenal. We are having a small wedding and would just like a photographer there for about 4 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Also hoping to find a hairdresser to do my hair. Does anyone have any recommendation? I've seen the directory but that doesn't really indicate if they are good or not? Will have my hair done in the UK and take pictures so hopefully it won't be too difficult.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rachel

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi Rachel

We found the price for photographers so expensive that we actually didn't have one. We asked everyone on the day to take photos and they are brill. This is a huge decision but we have no regrets. As for hairdressers mine was booked through our wedding planner and I would highly recommend him. He is based in Riva his name is Giuseppe Zanafredi. He was wonderfull. I had a hair trial and then he came to our hotel the morning of the wedding. I too sent photos of how I wanted my hair a couple

of months before.

I wish you all the very best for your wedding. So exciting.

Holly

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Thanks ever so much holly that is really helpful.

Thanks Rachel

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

Does anyone have the name of a hair stylist and make up artist in the Lake Garda area?

I have tired Jacqui O'Shea but she is not available on the day.

Thanks in advance

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi,

We are also going to Al Corsaro for our wedding reception this August. In 2013 we met Mario and he is fantastic and the food is amazing.

Thanks everyone for wedding ideas and suggestions. We are getting married this August and going over in May as well to finalise everything. So exciting!!!!

Rachel

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hello everyone.

I'm getting married the 25th September. I do not have a planner and all I've organised so far really is The castle ceremony for 2pm. Guests are all staying in Bardolino as our reception is at La casa delgi Spiriti at 5pm. Really just joined this to see if I can get any information on music through the ceremony and Flowers ect. and just general information.