We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Which Malcesine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi Everyone i am from my name is Mairead I am from Northern Ireland, i have been reading the forums and am glad to hear that there are so may good reviews of Malcesine. I just have a few questions of my ownh that i would really appreciate an some answers to. I have visited Malcesine before in October 2012.. but still have some questions that i would like to as to previous bride and grooms of malcesine castle... as i have decided to do all of the planning myself to try and save a bit of money.

1. booking of the castle and paper work- how much does it cost approx, and what do you need to do, paper work wise also is this difficult to do.

2. Where did you have your reception. I am hoping to have it la Pace- i have saw some mixed reviews on their wedding service, i am going to be having about approx 50 guests is this the most suitable venue or is there better ones for such a venue, also please provide your approx costs i have a budget for about 70 Euro ahead - is this reasonable?

3. Music for the venue and Cermoney - Did you have music for your cermoney if tes what type and what cost- if you do not waht to use live music can you just have an ipod to be played through speakers?

4. Also music with the meal- does la pace provide music during the meal is there an extra cost ivolved - is there a good atmosphere in this resturant for a wedding or does it feel small and stuffy and are the other resturant users a problem.

5. Where do you go after the meal is there a bar near by that will accomadate our guests and us for post drinks with music where you can dance etc. Would this have to pre-arranged for this number of people.

6. can any one recommend a nice hotel for my groom and i to stay in? I was thinking of hotel castello but i would like to stay somewhere with an out door pool a i don't fancy swimming in the lake. Also a please recommend good 3-4 star hotel for our guests to stay. Also the mojority of our guests want to stay in self-catring apartments- is there any good villa's or apartments near by. Also there is some people who have said that Riva is a better destination to stay in than Malcesine does anyone agree?

7. What florist did you use and approx cost?

8. What photographer did you use and approx cost?

9. videographer did you use and approx cost?

10. what hairdresser did you use and approx cost?

please answer as many of these questions as you can if you have got married in malcesine or just happen to know.

Many thanks Mairead. :)

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

We are getting married at the castle in April this year, can't wait - its beautiful.

As for the paperwork side of things it is all changing, and will be in place for your wedding.

To book the castle contact them direct from their website, sending an email. Give a few dates and times (11am, 2pm or 5 pm are the ceremony times) that you would want and do this soon as possible because they get booked up fast.

You will need to contact the British consulate in Milan in relation to the paperwork, all of which should be on the foreign commonwealth website. Basically, you will need long versions of birth certificates, 2 certificates of non impediment(1 each) and the consulate should give you a bi-lingual statutory declaration form that you have certified with all the other paperwork by a UK public notary or solicitor and then legalised by the Foreign & Commonwealth Legalisation Office in Milton Keynes. (Please note this must be posted to them even if you live nearby). Plus decree absolute ( if either of you are divorced)

Then you send all your paperwork to British consulate.

For British citizens you can get certificates of non impediment as long as there is 6 months or less to the wedding date, some places it has to be 3 months of less, so please check first.

We looked at la pace but were very worried on reading some of the reviews for weddings, that they rushed everything, that people were cramped etc etc. from looking into it, it appeared if you use a wedding planner you were safe as they would make sure nothing went wrong for you.

We decided to have la pace for a champagne toast after the ceremony with a few nibbles instead. This costs €15 per adult.

Another lovely bar/cafe for champagne toast is http://www.ilpiccolomuseo.it/.

La pace normally don't allow live music because they are not big enough and dont have enough room for musicians. They will allow exclusive use with approx 35 to 40 adults (please note they say they cannot accommodate more than that because they are not big enough) you can have backing music on and there is a great bar next door called 'bar númerotto' - this bar would be happy for you to organise a dj or live band if you want to dance, this would need to be booked with them prior to the wedding.

Please note for any live music you will need a music license which is approx €200. Dj cost is approx €700 and live band from €900.

We have chosen to have AL CORSARO for our reception instead, they have been extremely accommodating, reviews are brilliant and there position inside and out is beautiful. Even if it rains, the inside decor is stunning and very stylish with beautiful large arched shape windows overlooking the lake.

Average meal cost is €75 for 3 or 4 courses including wine and water. Wedding cake can be as a dessert or as an extra course and would cost €5 each, with a minimum cost.

Music for the ceremony; we are having a harp which is costing €300 she will play as guests arrive, as I walk in, during the signing of the register and service and as we walk out. The castle have a CD player which music can be played on if you prefer.

We are using a wedding planner so she has sourced our harpist for us.

Use the following website to look at some options and make enquiries

italianlakeswedding.com/planning/wedding-mus…

Castello is a nice hotel but a bit pricey. We have some guests staying in hotel vega which has a small outside spa tub right on the lake. There are lots of hotels to choose from. Another one is hotel du lac. We are staying in apartments as we have a young daughter and its easier for her , casa guarnati apartment 8, looks amazing and only 150 metres from castle.

We also have guests staying at 'my dream' apartments.

Again our planner has sorted flowers, photographer etc.

Prices for flowers are approx €80 bridal bouquet. €55 bridesmaid bouquet

€35 flower girl. Ceremony flowers medium €70, restaurant flowers from €30 euros per table

Photographer is costing us €890 for 4 hours and includes all photos on disc. Video is approx €550 for 1 1/2 hours and editing to music is a further €250.

Hairdresser is approx €120 for bridal and same for makeup. Bridesmaids are a bit less.

One thing with La Pace is they do allow you to use there Tuk Tuk car for transport to the castle for the bride and father free of charge is you have a meal at la pace during your stay. Look on their website and it shows pictures. This would have to be pre-arranged.

Hope all that he's, there is a lot to take in and it's not always as cheap as people think, it's just you tend to have less people invited so it brings the cost down.

Good luck with the planning

Kate

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Thank you for your kind reply... It has been very useful yes there is alot to mull over... I have alot of researching to do. I got my date sorted though it's the 7th of august 2014 at 1.30pm... Getting so excited. :) keep me posted if you discover any further details. Do you have any one going with mobility problems I think my gran will find it difficult to go up the steps.. But we will have her carried up if need be xo

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

We have been looking into getting married in Italy and would ideally want a Catholic wedding in the town.

While the castle is stunning, I believe it only offers civil ceremonies.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any info on getting married in a Catholic Church in Malcesine?

Finding it hard to source info online.

Oh and we are planning the wedding ourselves, no planner!

Thanks in advance :)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Yes folks... Please if you are just going to make a post telling me how brilliant your planner is... Please don't bother replying... Unless you are willing to share some of the ideas that he/she has discussed with you... As all us brides/grooms to be can do with all the free advice we can get. As I along with many others am quite happy to discuss my plans and arrangements and help each other out :)

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi,

Great to see all your info. Please could you let me know how you went about booking the castle for 2014 please? We are looking to get married then too and would really like to book it and do it ourselves. Did you just email them?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, x

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

Yes you just need to email them, give them a few dates you are considering and they will reply to let you know if the dates are available. The times for services at the castle are 11am, 2pm and 5pm, so mention what time you would prefer.

Kate x

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

Yes you just need to email them, give them a few dates you are considering and they will reply to let you know if the dates are available. The times for services at the castle are 11am, 2pm and 5pm, so mention what time you would prefer.

Kate x

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

That's brilliant, thanks for your help x

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi Kate,

Sorry to bother you again. Random question - is the registra included in the price of the castle hire when you book direct or would that be up to us to get one? Thanks, x

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malcesine Wedding August 2014

Hi

the registrar is included in that price, but you would need to pay extra for a translator. I am not sure if the castle would be able to offer that service or not, but worth a try

hope that helps

Kate x