We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

toronto
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to rent a car few days in Maiori, but it has to be an automatic car. Can you recommend some good car rental companies?

how's driving there?

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Maiori
Maiori
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
366 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Hi if you aren t able to find an automatic car directly in maiori (not sure if you will) i would suggest to pick up the car in naples airport and drive to maiori. Driving in italy can be a bit challanging. And the Amalfi coast is winding... i hope you aren t planning to visit in high season. (Such as july or august ). And avoid weekends. On the other hand it is a beautiful unique plage. Several hikes. Nice towns. Don t miss ravello Amalfi positano.... if needed i can help you just ask.

toronto
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

HI,

Thanks for your response. I'm going from June 7-15th so not so high season and I'm flying into rome and the tour will bring us driectly to Maiori.

Where can I find a rental car for 2-3 days close to Maiori? When I search on all major sites I can't find any rentals in Maiori. Where is the cloest town to Maiori where I can rent a car?

Also which cities close by do you recommend taking day trips to once we have a car? WE definitely want to to go Positano, Capri. If you have other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Maiori
Maiori
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

June is the beginning of high season. Maiori is such a small town that I would be surprised there is a car rental office there. The closest place would be Salerno. HOWEVER, the general consensus is having a rental car on the Amalfi Coast is a terrible idea, especially May - September. Traffic is mostly horrendous, with tour buses and local buses taking up the narrow 2-lane road. Parking is scarce and VERY expensive when you can find it (I think $30/day in Positano if the lot isn't full. Capri is an island that you reach via ferry from Positano or Amalfi (or Salerno) so you don't need a car for that either.

Amalfi and Ravello are logical day trips from Maiori, if you have time. It depends on how many days you will be there.

Mentioned in this post
Maiori
Maiori
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
4. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 06, 2014