We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Marco Galli

N.I
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Marco Galli

Hi folks ,

I was planning to go to livigno in march, it will be the first time that i have been skiing and so i have no idea about where to stay etc.

I wondered if anyone had any information on the marco galli apartments ? i know they are near Marco's bar which is supposed to be busy but any other reviews?

Hotel Sonne
Hotel Sonne
#2 of 79 hotels in Livigno
Park Chalet Village
Park Chalet Village
#3 of 79 hotels in Livigno
N.I
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

apologises fro putting 3 posts up there ... it kept on saying page expired... obviously it hadn't :)

Stoke On Trent...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

I stayed in Marco Galli apartments a few years ago.....they are the ones above the bank and the lingerie shop aren't they?

The location is perfect, really close to the piste, several bars and restaurants, the bank, a supermarket, bus stops etc. The apartments themselves were pretty basic but absolutely fine. To be honest I've stayed at many many different apartments over the years in Livigno and they all tend to be of a similar, fairly decent standard. For that reason when we look to book apartments we tend to do it based on location because unless you are really unlucky the standard of the apartment will generally fine.

You also have the advantage here of being close to Marco's (if you consider that to be an advantage!!!) but without the noise and pandemonium associated with staying right by it or in the same building.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Galli
Hotel Galli
303 Reviews
Livigno, Italy
Livigno
Livigno
Province of Sondrio, Italy
N.I
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

thats great thanks!

i was basically just worried that it was too near Marco's and so we would be kept awake all night but as long as its not right beside it then i guess thats good enough.

I also heard that one of the ski schools is near by so thats an advantage :)

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
628 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

Agree with previous poster, the apts are fine, myself or friends have stayed in all of them over the years, although now we book direct as we find it better, and have found apts that suit us.

Marco Gallis are fine. The top apt for 6 is great, its got a bath!! the apts for 4 are far better if you just sleep two in them, as once two people sleep in the lounge it can get a bit cramped. Likewise the studios are small not much room to swing the proverbial cat, but then again you probably don't spend much time there! The ground floor and first? floor studios are better thean the one in the basement which is very dark.

Location wise..... perfect, you can almost ski to the back door.... happy holidays. Skir hire - best rates I've found are at ski clinik 2 just up the road, and the little shop below the Residence Saroch do lovely fresh bread in the morning.... or if you are lazy, try the special sandwich for breakfast at Marco's!!

HTN

liverpool
Level Contributor
531 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

50 metres to the ski school at doss 18, i think that it is called the inverno estate.

We stayed in the two bed apt which is on 1st floor to the left of the main entrance, above the sport shop and ski hire.

THe apartment was lovely, it was roomy, had a bath and terrace. 1 room double bed, 1 room bnk beds and 2 sofa beds in the lounge. The bath was great(not many places have them in livigno)

their was little or no noise from marcos bar, however, generally livigno was quiet that year. it's sited in san rooco where most of th panorama guests stay and this is the livelier and more noisey area of livigno, but not too noisy.

I was going to book them agan this year, but managed to get a fabulous deal via airtours, for stefano's which is very centrally located.

It is close to Daphne's and Homelywood for bars, and near Mario's for food, or gallis pub(@10 mins walk) at lift 20 for early evening drinks. Kokodi is a taxi ride away costsing 2 euro each.

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
628 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

Kev I think you are mixing up Marcos apts above the bar, next to Livigno Sport with Marco Gallis. MG's are above the bank and lingerie shop about 100 - 150 yards up the road, whereas Marcos apts are above the sports shop (both owned by same person)

The ski school at Doss 18 is Galli Fedele's and their office is down the ramp opposite Marcos, by the driveway you can walk up to Doss 18 or you can book their lessons at the office at the base of lift 17 (By Saroch church)

Marco Gallis one bedroomed apts don't have baths only showers. The only bath their is in the top apt in the eaves of the building which sleeps 6.

Mentioned in this post
Livigno
Livigno
Province of Sondrio, Italy
Hotel Galli
Hotel Galli
303 Reviews
Livigno, Italy
liverpool
Level Contributor
531 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

HTN you are quite right, i misread the post...i have stayed in both and yes the marco galli apts are further up nearer lift 17

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

The problem is that everyone seems to have the same name in Livigno & it gets very confusing.

N.I
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

thanks for all the post guys, one last question ... and it may seem like a strange one ... do the marco galli rooms have a fridge ?

it doesn't say in the book that it does but surely a fridge in a must with self catering rooms ?

thanks KM

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
628 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Marco Galli

Yes they do have fridges!!

HTN

Get answers to your questions about Livigno