We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow in Livigno

Which Livigno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Livigno, Italy
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Topic
snow in Livigno

Hi all,

just to let you know that there is about 40cms of snow in the village and 80-90cms on top - everything should be open by the end of the week but Mottolino side seems to be quicker than the Carosello now - the Sgambeda has got the go ahead so that will be good advertising for Livigno -look out for it on the TV channels.

I will post this on a new topic as people often don't read through all the different responses - just so everyone knows that in LIVIGNO WE HAVE SNOW!!!!

All those poor people that came up for the Milanese holiday from Milan though - it only really snowed when they were due to go home - shame Chrella!

happy hols everyone,

Renjac

Liberec
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: snow in Livigno

Hi

we are leaving to Livigno on 16th December. Do you think that most of slopes will be opened in next week? Thanks

Livigno, Italy
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: snow in Livigno

YOu should be fine - they are piste bashing at the moment and I think 90% will be open by then if not all,

have a good trip over,

regards,

Renjac

Liberec
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: snow in Livigno

Thans for your good news....I hope so and I'm looking forward to the trip to Livigno. We were in livigno last year in the same date and it was perfect and I believe that it will be perfect holiday again. Bye

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snow in Livigno

As Renjac says, they are currently working on the slopes to get more open over the next few days.

Its a shame that there has been so little snow for the beginning of the season, but we have seen similar a few years ago, when the majority of the snow was man made.

Nevertheless we were still able to ski every day vwithout having to leave Livigno.... more than some resorts could say. On a positive note, this should set us up well for the rest of the season, lets hope for more snow now, and not too warm temperatures!!

With regards to the most recent posts on this site about Mountain Tours and others, I have to say, please do not be too hard on Chrella. Although I have never met him/her, from what I see of what he/shewrites, it usually makes very good sense and should be taken as sound advice.

In the most recent posts, as last year, I think Chrella has taken exception to posttngs which may be seen to be self serving.

I believe that, as I do, Chrella hopes to post sound advice. As a regular traveller to Livigno, I can only say as I see, and reflect the service I have been given.

Not all of my comments in the past have been 100% favourable, particularly towards the clientele that has been drawn to the resort of late.

I speak here of a small minority of younger skiers/boarders who seem to prioritise their time to drinking rather than time on the slopes, with the obvious consequences. This tends to reflect badly on the Saroch area where the majority tend to stay. However, lets hope that next season is a positive one for the resort and that everyone sticks to the rules of the slopes and that we don't see too many reckless injuries.

5. Re: snow in Livigno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Livigno