We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alitalia

Harrow
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Alitalia

Hi - not sure if anyone else has booked tickets with Alitalia - we had Feb 14 Half Term flights booked with them from heathrow to Linate - but it seems the direct flight back on Sat 22nd has now been cancelled & they are sending us via Rome

I haven't had an email from them - i just found this myself when checking out flights for a friend - I have spoken to them & they have confirmed the dircet flight has been cancelled

The dircet flight to Milan on Sat 15th morning is still ok

there is a direct flight back on Sat 22nd morning at 7.40 but this isn't much good when travelling from Livigno - there also seems dircet flights still on the sunday evening - which I'm now trying to switch too - taking advantage of an extra day on the slopes....

Just thought i would let yu know incase anyone else has flights booke diwth them

Angelax

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alitalia

I would try and avoid Rome at all costs so hopefully you'll be able to switch to the Sunday flight, thanks for the info.

Bologna...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alitalia

Alitalia- the worst company ever, i had not experiencedd nor any of my friends a postive experience with them,

Harrow
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alitalia

yep managed to switch to sunday direct flight - so an extra day on the slopes on saturday when it's quiet - so hopefully this will compensate for any hassle with alitalia

we have used them before and not had any problems - actually we've never had problems with ryan air or easy jet - by far my worst experience has been with british airways - flown with them twice & it's been a nightmare both times :)

Angelax

liverpool
Level Contributor
532 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alitalia

always a silver lining with any cloud!

until vegas consumed our travel plans for 2014 was considering the half term diy full family trip and was going to travel down to london for the direct flights, thank god I didn't, think i'll stick to Lufthansa flights via Frankfurt to milan linate for 2015.

enjoy the extra ski day :-)

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
5. Re: Alitalia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Livigno