We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable for beginner

Which Livigno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunblane, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable for beginner

We are considering booking a ski holiday in Livingno next year. How difficult are the runs higher up? I am just a beginner but plan to get lessons at our local dry ski slope during the year. The reason I am asking is that I want to be able to ski the higher runs rather than just the easier ones near the town and wanted to know how difficult these higher up ones are.

Dublin
Level Contributor
477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suitable for beginner

I have always had to give a deposit even when booking a year in advance. Has the apartment owner said they do not want a deposit or just not sought one yet? I would not be happy unless a deposit was paid and the apartment confirmed in writing, another poster on this forum had an experience last year where their apartment was double booked although that is the only time I have heard of that happening. If it was me I would look elsewhere, as Angela said some of the apartment owners will not get back to you until this season is over, but the last thing you want is issues with accomodation when you arrive.

Regards

Sorchs

liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Suitable for beginner

i'm travelling next half term and some of the offers i had for apts range from 700 euro to over 1200 euro, a lot me thinks for a 1 bed apt for 4 (700 is ok), I would hold fire a few weeks before booking and go via livigno tourist office (www.livigno.eu)....www.booking.com will also have some decent offers as well as appears becomming more popular to advertise apts on the net. There is also livigno snow and mountain tours.

In terms of location just check out the maps (from apt addressas lots of them have websites), anything on the carousello / costaccia side is best for the town, however i've stayed all over the resort and as long as your near a bus stop there are no issues getting out and about, and taxi's are also relatively inexpensive for when buses stop, so it depends on your budget and what you intend to do each night i.e a taxi back each night mght cost 8-10 euro but the accomodations mights be a couple of hundred euros cheaper.

if it's your first time i'd still to san rooco or the centre zones if budget allows

Leeds
Level Contributor
324 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Suitable for beginner

I prefer the lake end of the village always stay at Chalet Letizia lift 30 at Cassana good easy slopes in the village and easy access to the blues on Valendrea side or getting the bus to Mottolino

14. Re: Suitable for beginner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Livigno