We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

Which Livigno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

Doing some research for next year and have to do Feb half term.

Crystal / Neilson comming @ £2700 - £3500 self catering for 4.

Looking at flyng to malpensa, times look ok for Mt Bus or train / bus to livigno as mid morning arrival, comming back looks iffy, flights around 11am mark (based on this year)and a 5am mt bus, is 6 hours enough time to get to malpensa?

Zurich to zernez looks ok too, with less of an issue for flights but expensive at around £330 for 4 of us (inc a young un)on the snow train plus taxi to zernez.

Any thoughts, ideally i'd like to avoid taking a private taxi, but may have to if i do milan

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

As for hire cars we flew to Bergamo before Christmas rented a car but got stuck in Bormio as there had been a heavy snowfall. It was around 9pm but rather than find a hotel and wait till the following day we abandoned the vehicle and ordered a taxi. It cost around 75 euros. Paid the same for the return leg but could have got the bus which I think is free if you have a ski pass.

As for leaving the car in Bormio it was a bit of a nightmare as most parking is paid for and with the snow it was difficult to see if there are any restrictions. Guess we got lucky as we were not clamped.

Reckon that if the hire car had winter tyres we could have made it but they are not generally available on Italian rentals.

Warrington, England
Level Contributor
211 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

mgwhu the train is from memmory about 30 euros, but I guess that is depenedent on exchange rate. Didn't get to Livigno this year so that's based on last year.

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

We always put all the fares and tolls on our credit card so that we know how much we have spent on the journey. This year it came back at just under and just over £27 for the two journeys.

Hope that helps

HTN

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

Just re-read my last post and I am not too sure it makes sense! What I wanted to say is "its about £27 each way!"

HTN

15. Re: Mt Bus / Livigno express Feb half term 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Livigno