We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A short Cinque Terra visit

Shelburne, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A short Cinque Terra visit

Would it be reasonable to get from Milan to Cinque Terra on public transport, if I only have 3 days to spend in that area? Would that be enough time to enjoy that area; or would I be spending too much travel time and not enough time to see the area?

United States
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A short Cinque Terra visit

It's about 3 hours from MIlan to Monterosso so you won't lose too much time traveling if you have 3 days for the area. The 5 villages themselves are small and it won't take 3 whole days to see everything. Some people try to do it as a day trip.

TAB

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A short Cinque Terra visit

It would be better if you posted this in the Milan forum, you'll get more info.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,231 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A short Cinque Terra visit

For train times see http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html entering Milan and Monterosso, which is the only village to have direct trains. If you wish to go to another village, enter its name instead of Monterosso - the website will tell you where to change trains.

If you want advance train reductions to villages other than Monterosso, use www.lefrecce.it instead, clicking 'English' at the top, and putting Milano Centrale as your departure station.

Shelburne, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A short Cinque Terra visit

Thank you for the info.

So excited about my trip!

5. Re: A short Cinque Terra visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Livigno