We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livigno or Andorra

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Livigno or Andorra

Help. Once again left it late ( very late) to book. Hope to go on Sunday and our choices narrowed to Hotel Zodiac Livigno and St Moritz Apts Andorra. Have been to Livigno, loved it. Never been to Andorra. Travelling with 2 under tens. Simply can't decide. Put off livigno by all reports of tunnel delays tho those reports are a few weeks old. Any thoughts on it much appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Andorra
Andorra
Europe
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livigno or Andorra

There were only tunnel delays around the New Years Eve period but that's has past so no more problems with the tunnel.

It's up to yourself where you go as you've already been to Livigno you know what it's like. I have never been to Andorra so can't help but if you do go there let us know how it was and the main differences.

Mentioned in this post
Andorra
Andorra
Europe
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Thank-you Chrella. Will do.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Assume you checked current snow conditions in you resort choice in Andorra (although generally looks good across Andorra)

Mentioned in this post
Andorra
Andorra
Europe
Midlands
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Hi, Been to both Livigno and Pas De La Casa - Andorra, so it depends which resort St. Moritz Apt are in to be able to give direct comparison. As you have been to Livigno, here is how I can compare:

We transferred from Toulouse, took about 3 1/2 Hrs, Livigno as you know slightly longer. I would say the Ski area in Pas / Soldeu is equally as good as Livigno, and suitable for pretty similar standard of skier.

So far so good, and all in all not much between the two at this point - they are both also duty free Resorts

Where I think Livigno has the advantages. Pas is like a concrete jungle in the village, forget your alpine charm, even had a burger king when we were there. Andorra nightlife is a bit more hectic, more suitable for twenty somethings etc - depends on your your preference. Also I got the impression Pas was not as well kept, more of a typical cross - border village

Hope this helps, I may have been more critical of Pas, but don't be put off too much, we still had a fantastic time. I also heard Soldeu comes out more favourably than Pas, so again depend which resort the apts in Andorra are located

Have a good time whichever you pick. We are in Livigno next week so may see you there.

Mick

Mentioned in this post
Pas de la Casa
Pas de la Casa
Encamp Parish, Andorra
Andorra
Andorra
Europe
Soldeu
Soldeu
Canillo Parish, Andorra
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. Have just booked Livigno.

Midlands
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Got to admit, good choice ! Never stayed at the Zodiac Apts so couldn't comment but they are located well, bang in the Centre of town - enjoy

Midlands
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Got to admit, good choice ! Never stayed at the Zodiac Apts so couldn't comment but they are located well, bang in the Centre of town - enjoy

Leeds
Level Contributor
324 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Out of your 2 choices you picked the right one. St Moritz apts if correct are in Arinsal skied there a few times much prefer Livigno. Arinsal showing plenty snow but only 67% of lifts open, all lifts in Livigno open.

MOT

Articwarrior

Mentioned in this post
Arinsal
Arinsal
La Massana Parish, Andorra
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Livigno or Andorra

Brilliant. That confirms it. Thanks. Can't wait now.

liverpool
Level Contributor
532 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Livigno or Andorra

ethec= i have stayed in the hotel zodiac.... they are basic but clean, the room i had was huge and warm, great location, if you are bed and breakfast you get rolls, coissant, tea / coffee / orange juice, there is ham and cheese but you need to ask for it. All in all dont expect the ritz but great value for money.

Get answers to your questions about Livigno