We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow chains vs winter tyres

West Malling...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Snow chains vs winter tyres

Recently hired an Avis car from Linate to do some business near Milan, nowhere near the mountains basically, and was suprised to see the car came with winter tyres. This has never happened to me before and got me thinking (think I may have to have a lie down!)....does anyone know if it is still madatory to carry chains if you have winter tyres?

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snow chains vs winter tyres

Don't you struggle on wieght taking them home? The chains I have had in the past weigh a tonne!

Timeflies

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
605 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snow chains vs winter tyres

Yes they are heavy but if you can get them in your handluggage and that is not weighed then I have got away with it a couple of times. Just makes it more cost effective if you can either use or sell them on at home!

13. Re: Snow chains vs winter tyres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Livigno