We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

update on snow

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
update on snow

I need advice. Am thinking of going to Livigno on Saturday for the week to ski with my kids. Is there any snow there this week. Or should we just go to the sun instead? Went to Livigno 12 years ago and loved it.

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: update on snow

Hi,

I'm just back from Livigno and even though there hasn't been a lot of fresh snow there is still very good coverage. Supposedly there is some due to fall soon, there is still nearly 2 metres of snow at the top. The pistes are extremely well looked after and snow cannons run through the night too so plenty of skiing to be done.

Clint

liverpool
Level Contributor
524 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: update on snow

there is snow forecast for next week, @ 10Cm through the week so some fresh stuff, however, as with any high ski resort, the forecast long term isn't really reliable.

Looks good fo rnext week though and i'm out there as well.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: update on snow

Thanks for reply. Going to go. Just booked it. Kids very excited as not only will we ski but also they will finally see where Mum and Dad met this time 12 years ago. Ah shucks.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: update on snow

just back. so glad we went. snow was good, most runs in great condition. all in all - fantastic.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: update on snow

ethec, glad you enjoyed your week, the snow is still pretty good even though there's been no snow since December.

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
614 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: update on snow

Currently in livigno with a group. Weather is fantastic brilliant sunshine although very cold. Making use of the free wifi in Sunday cafe which is a favourite watering hole, friendly staff and music not too loud for the more mature in the group!!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: update on snow

oh my god. I'm so jealous. I want to be there NOW. Have a brilliant time Henry.

e.the.c

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: update on snow

i hope that there will be snow on pistes in first week of april, when i will be going there ;)))

9. Re: update on snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Livigno