We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski hire

Which Livigno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derry Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
ski hire

Help I'm off to livigno on FRIDAY with a few friends,we are looking to find out the best place for ski hire and ski school,as none of us have skied before.We are staying in FAUSTOS apt.Please could someone get back to me ASAP.Many Thanks..

1. Re: ski hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:44 am, March 04, 2006
London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski hire

Try Ski Klinic 2 and ask for Simone. Best rates in town if you negotiate as they don't have to pay rep's/touroperators commission. I have stayed at Faustos, good base for you. SK2 is right opposite the church and the lads in there are really friendly, tell Simone that you found him on Trip Advisor and he'll be really pleased! Expect to pay around 50 euros for skis and boots. (check them out with other people, that's cheap)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ski hire

The important thing is not to be brainwashed on the bus by a company rep if you're going through a travel agent. They'll tell you it's best to book it straight away with them otherwise you'll only be able to rent old ski's & boots, this is a load of rubbish. As Henry says book them when you arrive.

essex
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ski hire

Hi Henrythenavigator,

We are due to arrive at livigno this saturday(11th) in a large party and are really interested in using ski clinic 2 as you advise.

can you tell us what the standard of equipment is like, and how much should we expect to pay,what would you recommend we should do about ski passes and the easiest way to go about it bearing in mind the size of our party.

Thanks for your time in advance

mel.

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ski hire

Ok, first of all, I am not affiliated to any tour company, nor ski school, nor hire establishment, I gain nothing by recommending those I speak of!!! I speak as I find - see all my other posts!!

Well, with regards to lift passes, its really easy to sort them out yourself see www.skipasslivigno.com/en/tariffe/0506.php there are various offers, and it depends if you are travelling with very young children (you don't say how big your group is) but you get one in 20 passes free or 5% if the number is greater than 20. This however is not available if you take up other offers i.e. baby pass free if you buy an adults of 3 days or more. The website is very easy to understand. Where abouts are you staying?

Ski Clinic 2 is ideal if you are in the Saroch area as it is situated on the road below lift 17, opposite Saroch church. The staff are great, equipment great (don't hesitate to take stuff back if there is a problem, they will not mind, they like happy customers!)

I will be arriving on 11th with a very large group, so maybe I will see you there!! Don't hesitate to ask if you need any further info.

HTN

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ski hire

One further thing, you can pay for the lift passes by credit card, so if you are looking after everyone, then get them to pay cash and you can go along and buy them all. Or if money is tight, then they can go along themselves. There are numerous locations to get your passes which are all listed on the website I gave you. Without whishing to be a complete pessimist, if anyone injures themselves and can no longer ski, then if you take the medical certificate to the lift pass office they will refund you the unused days.

SK2 also take credit cards.

essex
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ski hire

Thanks so much for your speedy reply, thats great.My husband says he thinks he knows where that church you mentioned is so that helps. Yes we're staying at the hotel village san Carlo, I did actually put a post on here to see if anyone had stayed here as we've seen some really awful reports about it so far help!!!!

Our party is around 40 people and we're arriving saturday too so we're bound to bump into you at some stage, not liturally I hope!

oh yes hubby wants to know how long the transfer is from milan Bergmo airport ( when he went 20 years ago it was 11 hours l.o.l

thankyou so much for your help again, mel.

London
Destination Expert
for Livigno
Level Contributor
601 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ski hire

transfer depends on your transport... I usually either drive or hire a coach and its 5 hours with a good break for food/drink.

I visit Livigno 2 or 3 times a year so know it quite well!! I have had a bad experience this year... see my other posts, but will be in SK2 on Saturday afternoon.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ski hire

crockergirl, the San Carlo is a very big hotel & was bought a few years ago by the Coop in Livigno who are intending to renovate it soon, they have started doing up the rooms & bathrooms but have'nt finished them all yet so if you get an old one I would ask them if it's possible to change. Being big there's a swimming pool & gym which not many hotels in Livigno have so that's a plus.

The Intermonti hotel across the road was also bought by the Coop & they did a great job with that.

Anyway, when you get back let us know all about it; rooms, food etc.

essex
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ski hire

thanks chrella,thats so helpful will let you know how everyone gets on as soon as we're back. Are you staying here too or just thinking about it?

mel

Get answers to your questions about Livigno