We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach? internet access? and shopping?

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
best beach? internet access? and shopping?

Hi

We're off to Lignano this week, staying in Lignano Pineta.

Does the price for the beach vary? If so, which is the cheapest?

Are there any internet cafes?

Are there decent supermarkets in the town or on the outskirts? We'll have a car.

Thanks

Udine, Italy
Level Contributor
396 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach? internet access? and shopping?

Hello there, I'm sure you'll have a blast in Lignano; it's a cool place! :-)

As for your first question, the thing is that actually there's no entrance fee to beaches. You can in fact just get yourself a towel and lay down in front of the sea without having someone telling you anything; the whole Italian coast is in fact government property and therefore you can usually enter beaches (with a few rare exceptions) without having to pay anything. With that said, government gives the right to use the beach starting from about 15 meters (45ft) to certain selected companies who then rent beach spots and equipment to tourists.

Hopefully this picture can give you a better explanation of what I mean:

www.lignanopineta.com/img3.php…

People can get into the beach for free; then, they can decide whether to rent an umbrella and some chairs (as shown on the left) or just lay down on their towels (see on the right); the only thing you've to be aware in this latter case is that you won't be able to bring your personal beach equipment here, and therefore you won't be able to get some shadow at all. Laws in fact prohibit the use of beach equipment within several meters from the sea.

Therefore, you might decide to just rent an umbrella from the company which provides this service, also getting some chair and/or beach bed; prices in this case are not going to be different from beach to beach, as the whole area is managed by the same company; you can have different areas though (so called "Light" and "Elite") where you can expect prices and equipment to be slightly different; you should be able to find everything you need (including prices and dislocation of such areas) on this page (in English):

lignanopineta.com/eng/…prezzi_lignano.html

Similar considerations apply for Lignano Sabbiadoro as well, should you decide to get there for a day:

www.lignanosabbiadoro.it/index.php…

As for your other questions, I know there's a Net Cafe in Lignano Pineta; you can check out their website (in Italian): http://www.netanday.it/netcafe/ or look up for it on Google Maps; just search for its addrwss - the following string: "Corso degli Alisei 11 lignano italy" or follow this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Corso+degli+Alisei+11+lignano+italy&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.713406,114.169922&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=45.668645,13.109275&spn=0.005608,0.013937&z=17&iwloc=A

Hotel Bella Venezia Mare also features an Internet Cafe (see here: http://www.europe-cities.com/en/752/italy/lignano_pineta/79872_hotel_bella_venezia_mare/) and I'm sure there are going to be more around; best thing is to ask in your hotel/rental agency for the closest one to you.

As for your last questions, there are certainly many supermarkets in Lignano and therefore it's not going to be hard for you to find them; they're pretty much everywhere, especially around "Corso degli Alisei" and the street that goes from "Piazza dei Venti" to "Piazza del Mare". You can spot these streets in the map I've linked above. Almost all of the shops in Lignano Pineta are located in these two streets.

Prices tend to be a little higher in Lignano than in other places where tourists are fewer though; therefore, wherever you're coming from, your best bet would probably be stopping at one of the shopping centers you can easily spot directly from the highway, either coming from Trieste or Venezia. Get the most of the stuff you need from there and then just get bread, milk & fresh fruit in Lignano. Once in Lignano, I see not too much sense in moving your car just to reach a supermarket.

Well, hopefully I've managed to make myself understood someways and answer your questions; feel free to continue this thread should you need more info.

Have fun in Lignano!

Steve

2. Re: best beach? internet access? and shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lignano Sabbiadoro