We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

child friendly and resonable

Manchester
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
child friendly and resonable

Is lido de camaiore the best beach base for a family with 2 kids ages 10 and 5.Is it expensive to eat out and has anyone got any typical prices.Thanks for your time tripadvisors

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: child friendly and resonable

We visited Lido di Camaiore in July 2008. I wouldn't say it was a particularly cheap place to visit - eating out was about the same as in the UK, more expensive if you ate in the restaurants on the beach front. We often got a take-out pizza and some fruit for lunch, spending a little more to eat out in the evening. A large take out pizza if my memory serves me right cost about 8-10 euros, a main course meal in a restaurant about 12-16. You also have to factor in the cost of the beach - there is a small public strip of beach which is free, but the 'bagnos' whch are privately owned cost about 25 euros for a day, but for that you get a clean beach, lifeguard, chairs and umbrellas and sometimes a children's play area and swimming pool. We found transportation, both buses and trains, good value, and had day trips to Florence, Lucca and Pisa.

Manchester
Level Contributor
115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: child friendly and resonable

Thank you so much for your information.Is there plenty of things to do at night for adults and kids. Thanks for ur time

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: child friendly and resonable

To be honest, there isn't much to do in the evening, other than have dinner then walk along the beach front. Lido di Camaiore is a very Italian resort and you will find that's just what the Italians do too! The shops open until late so that's another option. We were there with a teenager, but I'm not aware of seeing anything that would particularly appeal to younger children -perhaps another poster might have some more information. We used Lido di Camaiore as a base to see Florence, Lucca, etc. and have the chance to do some relaxation at the beach too. It's busy at the weekends with Italian families and the restaurants and bars get busy then too. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

4. Re: child friendly and resonable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lido Di Camaiore