We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Lerici like?

Which Lerici hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What is Lerici like?

Hi,

We are a couple in our late 20's who spend a week or two in Italy every year. We have decided to drive this year (we always camp and have decided to drive rather than keep trying to squash everything into our baggage allowance). We are driving and hope to camp maybe in the CinqueTerre or near Lerici, we usually go further down.

Any info on where would be good on that coast? We like local food and wine, non-touristy, etc.

Thanks

Jo

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,241 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What is Lerici like?

Hi Nolana,

Yes the ferry does run from Lerici to Portovenere, and on to the Cinque Terre.

http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/

Though you could do a day excursion from Lerici to the Cinque Terre (with stops in Portovenere), the return ferry to Lerici is quite early, so though it's an enjoyable excursion, it doesn't offer too much time in the Cinque Terre.

Kind Regards, :-)

Vagabonda

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is Lerici like?

So, Vagabonda, could one go out on the ferry and return much later than the ferry, on the bus ? Perhaps that would give a longer day out ?

Many thanks.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,241 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What is Lerici like?

Hi Nolana,

Yes, that would give a longer day out – You could also take the train to La Spezia (from the Cinque Terre) and then the bus from La Spezia to Lerici or Portovenere.

And though Lerici, Tellaro and Portovenere don't offer train service, these towns are gems and very, very much worth the visit.

Vagabonda

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,024 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What is Lerici like?

Nolana

I would back Vagabonda there, it is a lovely area,

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What is Lerici like?

Thank you, Vagabonda and Sophie..... I hope Joe Critchley has been following this !

I have yet to visit Cinque Terre - although I have been to Albenga and Genova, so I'm taking notes... and saving them for myself too, but the questions I have been asking have really been to clarify the possibilities for 'Joe' !

I'll get there one day.....

Joe, I hope you and your companion have a great time there !

16. Re: What is Lerici like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lerici