We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

California
Level Contributor
295 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

Hi, We have 7 nights max next July to devote to either or both of these areas: CT/Lerici or CT/Bellagio before we leave from Milan's Linate for an 8 am flight home. We'll be coming from Nice to Italy.

Should we drive or train into Italy? Try to see both areas or just CT/Lerici?

Wow, I could really use an expert for help, as I think I'm actually losing hair over this (and definitely sleep)!

Grazie, Dawn

Castello di Lerici
Architectural Buildings, Castles, Specialty Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Castello di San Terenzo
Castles, Points of Interest & Landmarks
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

With 7 days,you can see both of these areas. Have a look at www.viamichelin.com for travel time, and distances if you choose to use your car.

Have a look at www.trenitalia.com for train schedules if you choose the train.

The CT area(2 days) does not require the use of a car since the area has a good regional train system

However, if you would like to have the car,then you'll find alot of accomodations in Lerici and Levanto with parking attached.

The drives to both areas are not difficult and there is some lovely landscapes to see on this drive.

The only drawback for the train is the luggage situtaion. Are you packing lightly or will you be lugging large suitcases on the trains. If so then the car is a good choice.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Levanto
Levanto
Italian Riviera, Italy
California
Level Contributor
295 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

Thank you! How would you divide your time? Would you drive or train from Nice? If we did CT and Bellagio, can we get from Monterosso to Bellagio by train?

Thanks again! Dawn

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

The only problem with driving from Nice is that the car would be expensive because of the dropoff charges due to taking the car from France to Italy.

Yes, you can take the train from Monterosso to Bellagio.(www.trenitalia.com)

If you want to drive from Monterosso to Bellagio,then have a look at www.autoeurope.com. I believe that you could pick the car up in LaSpezia.

Good Luck!!

California
Level Contributor
295 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

hi again,

I just went on trentalia and couldn't get an itinerary that I could actually buy (I put in near-future dates just to get a sense of cost and nothing came up that got me truly from Monterosso to Como or Belligio).

All help very much appreciated!

Can I get by with no car in Bellagio and Varenna?

Grazie, Dawn

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,549 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

You can't get train times to Bellagio because it doesn't have a train station.

You are probably not getting online prices for journeys to Como as most train stations in Como are served by Ferrovia Nord, not Trenitalia, and the trenitalia website does not sell tickets on FNord trains.

You should be able to get prices OK to Varenna and to Como S. Giovanni (though some slower journeys which use the Genoa Metropolitana en route will again not be priced on the trenitalia site).

6. Re: Bellagio AND CT or just CT /Lerici area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 08, 2009