We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Damanhur

Boulder, Colorado
9 posts
1 review
Visiting Damanhur

Has anyone speaking English visited Damanhur? Interested in any info on Damanhur. Thanx & Blessings, Moonwolf

Leini, Italy
Level Contributor
379 posts
192 reviews
101 helpful votes
1. Re: Visiting Damanhur

I'm italian and living not far away from damanhur.

Having no sympathy for similar organizations I have difficulties deciding to visit the temples, and at the moment I did it not yet.

what can I do for you is give you a link

damanhur.org/odu/…visits_to_the_temple.htm

something like a virtual visit can be found here:

http://www.damanhur.org/temple/

I hope that will help you... (but I suppose you already had these links.. )

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Visiting Damanhur

Kiob has given you the basic web information to find Damanhur, I assume they have a shuttle service as its a bit off the beaten track.

I went there once to pick up some friends, who travel the world visiting spiritual places and who spent the night there, but they were very relieved when I came and rescued them! I understood why when I was waiting very peacefully by a big rock which looked like a nice place to meditate, and I was told by the staff to leave as I was disturbing the elemental spirits (funny I thought I was communicating with them). My overall impression was a tourist set-up.

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Visiting Damanhur

I meant to add, if you are interested in spiritual places in Piedmont, the mountains and foothills have a lot to offer from Waldenisian communities along the Val di Susa, who were given refuge by tolerant Piedmontese government centuries ago, Pilgrim's hospels such as Abbaye San Michele (where they made the movie "Name of the Rose", many beautiful romanesque churches such as Abbaye Vezzolana, Sacred mountains such as Varallo, Orta and Crea, plus Turin which has a reputation in some quarters as a city of magic (Nietsche and Nostrodamus lived here) as well as the (in)famous Shroud of Turin.

Ico
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
4. Re: Visiting Damanhur

Hi Damanhur is worth visiting only if you can visit their underground temple (which I heard is amazing...). Howver, to do that, you have to make a sort of reservation

5. Re: Visiting Damanhur

Hi recent allegations have come out against Damanhur. People are claiming it's a cult where financial fraud is involved, and sex abuse. Here is a link check it out and decide for yourselves.

http://damanhurinsideout.wordpress.com/

6. Re: Visiting Damanhur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, January 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ivrea
More Ivrea Topics