We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

Utrecht
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

Hi all,

Can anyone advice a good restaurant to visit this summer near Marina di Bibbona / Bolgheri? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Marina di Bibbona
Marina di Bibbona
Province of Livorno, Italy
Al Posto Accanto
$$ - $$$, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
Pub Paladin
$$ - $$$, Pizza, Pub
Trattoria il Giogo
$, Italian, Mediterranean
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

There are several restaurants/trattorie in Bolgheri (it is an incredibly tourist-infested village in the summer, but not really very wonderful!) I think the best (for ambience and food) is 'La Taverna del Pittore' right in the centre of the village (tel. 0565 762184). Also nearby is Il Granaio, which I haven't been to for a few years, but was a good pizzeria.

Drive along the pretty back road from Bolgheri to Castagneto Carducci, the nearby (small) town in the hills, and just as you get to the T-junction for Castagneto is the restaurant Zi' Martino (tel. 0565 763666). They serve classic very simple Tuscan food - not wonderful but incredibly good prices.

In Castagneto the very best restaurant (for some distance around, I think) is Da Ugo (tel. 0565 76374), just down a side-street off the main central (pedestrian) street. The Belvedere and Vecchio Frantoio are also good. There is also a good pizzeria in Castagneto, Il Cappellaccio.

Mentioned in this post
Castagneto Carducci
Castagneto Carducci
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

I agree that La Taverna del Pittore in Bolgheri is really great! I personally love Bolgheri, but nearby you'll also find some other gorgeous little towns like Campiglia Marittima. Near Bibbona you could pop into Cecina mare, 5 minutes drive away, for some great seafood primi (pasta or risotto dishes) and fritti (deep fried) at La Sirena. It's right on the beach, relaxed atmosphere, friendly people.

Mentioned in this post
Cecina
Cecina
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
387 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

A very known restaurant (for fish) is La Pineta, in Marina di Bibbona . It's Michelin-starred, and prices are in accordance to that...

Portugal
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

Hi,

We've just arrived from Cecina region and would like to say that the advice given by Salmoneater were very useful. We went to Da Ugo and Vecchio Frontoio. We liked both, but we definitly prefered the later.

We also agree with the opinion expressed about Bolgheri. Castagneto Carducci is more real, more authentic with a proper life.

Mentioned in this post
Cecina
Cecina
Castagneto Carducci
Castagneto Carducci
5. Re: restaurant near Bibbon/Bolgheri this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2011