We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trips from Grado

West Wycombe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trips from Grado

Hi, I am in Grado for 6 days in August with my grown up (mostly) kids. Does anyone know there are many organised day trips from Grado, particularly any by boat. I am not sure if it is possible to get a boat to Venice or even take a trip to Trieste, Slovenia or Croatia by boat. Any other suggestions. I am not planning on hiring a car.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
12,479 posts
643 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trips from Grado

I suggest above all not missing Trieste, it is an amazing city although it is almost ignored by most tourists.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trips from Grado

I will second Aristofane's commentary. Trieste is one of the best kept secrets in Europe.

West Wycombe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trips from Grado

Thank you both for your replies. I will definitely take a trip there, it looks really nice. I don't suppose it is possible to take a boat there rather than the train?

Wooroolin Qld
Level Contributor
122 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trips from Grado

Trieste is definitely a great city and we enjoyed our visit last year. There is a fast ferry from Tieste to Grado although on rough days it doesn't run. We took a taxi because the ferry was cancelled at the last minute and I sont reacall how much it was but I think maybe €70-€80. There is also a bus.

West Wycombe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trips from Grado

Thanks, that's good to know. The fast ferry will make it a bit more of an adventure! Especially if it's rough. Fingers crossed.

Milan
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trips from Grado

I would recommend a trip to the Barbana island, located at eastern tip of the lagoon of Grado that features an ancient Marian sanctuary. Very nice also for the kids. For details look at: turismofvg.it/Religious-monuments/Sanctuary-…

Nibbius

West Wycombe...
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trips from Grado

Thanks! This looks great, will definitely take this one in whilst in Grado.

8. Re: Day Trips from Grado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grado
Recent Conversations